More info required on the customer credit card payments process

Jacki_10033120
Jacki_10033120 Member Posts: 7
edited September 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I'm considering using the option to process customer credit card payments in Reckon Accounts.  I would like to get a rough framework of how it works so that I can establish how it impacts our customers and the way I process payments received via credit cards.

Is there somewhere I can get details on how it works?

Comments

• Jacki_10033120
    edited May 2019
    Thanks for your reply Kevin.  Our current process for receiving credit card payments is that customers phone our office and provide their card details over the phone.  This is the process I am trying to automate so I assume there is some kind of process where they are able to click on a link where they can make payment?
  • Jacki_10033120
    edited May 2019
    And the only fee is the $50 once off Paypal set up fee and then $0.30 per credit card transaction processed?
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Look at PayPal Web site it will be there I think there also a % charged

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Lusia
    Lusia Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2019
    Hi,

Further to this discussion, can I confirm that the same thing is also applicable to Reckon Account hosted? Appreciate if someone could assist. 
  • Jacki_10033120
    edited September 2019
    So I'm in the process of setting up this option and am having a problem with activating the payments within Reckon.  I have activated the Paypal Payflow Gateway.  I'm now trying to work out what User ID and password Reckon requires when I go into Edit > Preferences > Online > Company Preferences > Payment Services.  I have tried the user no. and password that Paypal provided me with but that hasn't worked.  I contacted Reckon support and they advised me there is a separate 'Reckon password' that Paypal can provide me with.  I contact Paypal and they have no idea what that is so I contacted Reckon again and this time was advised that I need the password attached to our bank's Merchant account.  Contacted the bank's Merchant Services and they also have no idea what that password could be.

Anyone here that can help??!!  Feeling incredibly frustrated with this process!