Move Reckon Accounts Plus 2014 from laptop to Microsoft Surface Pro Running Windows 10

Rhodes Biloela Pty Ltd
Rhodes Biloela Pty Ltd Member Posts: 46
edited May 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi,

I have installed Reckon Accounts Plus 2014 to the Surface Pro. I installed the program as compatible with Windows 7.

Reckon opens however, when I try and open the portable business file I get an error message 'Specifed database already in use'. 

Would this have to do with having Reckon still installed on the other PC? Should I uninstall Reckon on the old PC or should the database at least load on the new PC?

How do I activate our licence on the new PC?

I want to upgrade to the 2015 version, should I do this after I have got the system up and running on the new PC?

What do I do if uninstalling Reckon doesn't work? I have tried calling customer support but they won't help me even though we are a paying customer.

Thank you.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Hi Rhodes,

Are you opening your file by using the restore portable file option?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rhodes Biloela Pty Ltd
    edited May 2017
    I Rav, Yes I am.

I have gone through and added all applications as a rule inbound and out to the windows firewall.

I have tried saving the backup and portable files to documents on the PC itself instead of trying to load them from the USB.

But I am still getting the same errors.

• Rhodes Biloela Pty Ltd
    edited May 2017
    I added everything to the firewall settings because I kept getting this error when trying to use the backup.

If I Try and open the portable file now it just comes up with an error message saying 'Failed'