Moving Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013 from an older Windows 10 PC to a new one.

Bruno Sustar
Bruno Sustar Member Posts: 3
I moved Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013 from an older Windows 10 PC to a new one (also Win 10 Pro). I had a lot of trouble getting the program to run but was able to following advice in this forum. My new problem is that equities price history has disappeared along with other historic data. Bank account details however have survived. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2017
    Hello Bruno,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Share prices are stored in a separate file with the same name as your Reckon Accounts Personal datafile and with the file extension .QPH.  Find that file on the old computer and copy it to the same location as the datafile on the new computer.

There are other auxiliary files that should be copied - .HCX, .IDX, .QIN, .QSD, .QTX and .QHI.  You won't have all these files, only those that relate to functions you have used in your datafile. 

The easiest way to copy all these across is to make a backup on the old PC and restore the backup on the new PC.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Bruno Sustar
    edited June 2017
    John G, thank you for your quick reply.
    It suspect my problem is deeper then just finding the relevant .QPH file. The installation of Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013 on my old PC was an upgrade from a previous Quicken version carried out on 31st. July 2013. I backup daily and used the latest backup to carry the data to my new PC.
    The bad news is that the .QPH file on my original PC is dated 31/7/2013 and apparently was never updated. Yet the historic equities data IS there. I copied the entire folder to the new PC and restored from that but no historic data appears. Very strange.
    I fear I may have lost my history for good. If anyone has a suggestion I would welcome it.

• John G
    edited June 2017
    Hello Bruno,

Search your PC for all .QPH files and check their dates.  If you saw up-to-date share prices on the old PC then they are in some file somewhere.  If the file got deleted then it may be in your Recycle Bin.  Also, do previous backups have more current share prices?

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John.  

• Bruno Sustar
    edited June 2017
    Greetings John G,
    Again I am in your debt for the advice you have given. I got Windows to search for all instances of .QPH files and found a bundle of them scattered all over. I copied the right one to my new PC along with the backup file and Quicken now has my missing historical data.
    Unfortunately this has led to another quirk. Now every time I start Quicken it asks if I am new to it or already a user. I can use the program by opening my current data file, but it is getting tiresome to have to do it each time. Can you suggest a fix? If so I would appreciate it.
  • John G
    edited June 2017
    Hello Bruno,

See our article Best practice for Reckon Accounts Personal on Win10 to address this issue, and some other issues that may pop up with Windows 10.

regards,
    John