Multi Currency having to journal xchange

Joanna_9508589
Joanna_9508589 Member Posts: 10
Recently changed to multi currency. I find that I can never seem to put in the exact conversion rate, therefore leaving a few cents here and there. Which I then need to do a GJ to foreign exchange to clear. Using Reckon Enterprise.

I use same function in Quickbooks online and the setup enables me to put the AUD figure in which then converts it perfectly.

Any suggestions? 

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Joanna - use the Reckon Calculator (Edit menu - Use Calculator) - do your calculation in here - it will produce a number of decimal places - then choose the Copy command from Edit - or Control C and then paste in the number - this will appear to lose the decimal places but they are still there - so your calculations should work out correctly... Cheers Linda
  • Joanna_9508589
    Joanna_9508589 Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2018
    Thanks Linda - It did come closer to correct. The bill was right, but payment out by 2 cents? I love my job LOL :) Will try again with next transaction.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Excellent - I only knew this thanks to an excellent presentation by fellow AP Margie Kukulka on the weekend!  Cheers!