multi user problem with 2015

Options
Crusty
Crusty Member Posts: 4
edited July 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Premier 2015 update
Have been using Premier for years but 2015 update has now gone west with multi user.
Company file only on one computer and five copies around the office. Will only allow single user mode. Followed the usual instructions and scanned the folder. Checked firewall for 2015 exception. Everything normal but multi user displays H202 error. Pleeease, we have work to do!

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Crusty

Check some of the clues submitted from Kevin, Mirko, Angie and myself at this article, to see if it throws some light on your issue.  (In your case,  ignore the sideline question of Home versus Pro and Win7 versus Win8)....  Focus on the other support links and suggestions throughout that article.

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/can-open-file-in-single-user-but-not-multi-user-mode-mult...

Gary Pope
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-accounts-clarified/
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
          independent IT Professional
    and retired FCPA Accountant"

• ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited July 2018
    Options
    In summary... to the link that Gary has posted

See Knowledge Browser Issue 220

Go back to windows firewall and 'allow' the relevant program files thru the firewall again...

Also... Did you try putting the company file in a newly created folder directly on the C Drive?

• Crusty
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi 
    thanks for the tips.
    We run 5 pc's with software and one other pc with company file.
    Been doing this for years.
    This is the first time we have been blocked like this.
    Can  assume that this detailed firewall adjustment is required on all pc's?
  • Crusty
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Finally! Got it. Seems the pc with the company file was the secret. Adjusted the firewall settings and bingo.
    Thank you all for your help.
    Must say, though. Reckon is becoming very challenging

• gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good to hear.     Sounds like Angie's advice (from ARC)  above was the solution!  Thanks for feeding back that you are up and running.

Gary
  • Crusty
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi Gary,
    Thanks for your help as well.
    When I say "adjusted the firewall settings" I was not just ticking off Reckon 2015 for access.  I ended up way deep in the advanced settings and I am a little incredulous that the software has not catered for these "adjustments".
    The rest of my office had given up and they were about to swan dive off the top of the stairs and I suspect your average punter would be in more strife than Ned Kelly.
    Small business needs software that is plug and play, not plug and panic.
    Very disappointed with Intuit/Reckon. Have been with them for over  a decade but ......
    Cheers,
    Crusty
  • gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Well - your experience and feedback, will no doubt help everyone understand how things need to be explained and documented,  so let's take the positive from that.

Gary
    ?