multi users

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Not a Problem
Hello. To have 2 users access multi-user mode at the same time, do you have to have 2 licences? Thanks Julieanne
Photo of Julieanne

Julieanne

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 47,966 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Julieanne,

You will require two licences to access Hosted simultaneously and each user needs to have their own user ID in the file.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 34,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Yes. It starts to become an expensive option very quickly. If you dont need online access - and face it, who does really - a two user pro version is a better option.
Photo of Julieanne

Julieanne

Hi Kevin. What is a 2 user pro version? I couldn't find it in help. I wanted our auditors who are based in Cairns to access the file, while I'm based in Brisbane.Not possible unless I have 2 licences? Thanks Julieanne
Photo of Kevin Russell

• 34,090 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Julieanne my mistake its Reckon Premier 2 user licence. The name has changed. $980.00 Drop me a email and I can organize this kevin@zappy.com.au
Photo of Julieanne

Julieanne

Hi Kevin. So for the auditors to access the file( for a week), while I'm using it, I need to pay $980! A bit excessive! We used to have a bookkeeper in Mareeba work on the file while someone in Brisbane was using the file- I can't do that now, unless I pay $980. Thanks but no thanks. Julieanne
Photo of Kevin Russell

• 34,090 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Julieanne its A solution. If it isnt acceptable why dont the "auditors" get their own licence? They are billing you anyway. Honestly I cant understand why they need simultaneous access. Ive never heard such of a thing. No need to thank me. Its what I do.