Multiyear backup of QuickBooks Lite First Business 2002

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Hi, I'm trying to do multiyear backup of QuickBooks Lite First Business 2002 but there is no date range option - can anyone help?
Photo of Ric Benjamin

Ric Benjamin

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,148 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Welcome Ric,

There are no options to backup just a part of the company file - the whole file is backed up.  

regards,
John
Photo of Ric Benjamin

Ric Benjamin

Thanks John, that's what I thought but when I do a backup it only picks up the original year 2002-3 and not all the subsequent years.  I can't see how to change parameters to backup all transactions etc
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 93,638 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ric,
I just wanted to clarify some details around the product as "QuickBooks Lite First Business" doesn't seem to be a name we've used.

In your menu bar, head over to Help > About QuickBooks, is there any reference to Intuit Inc. or Reckon Limited there?

Let us know,

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Ric Benjamin

Ric Benjamin

Hi Rav, it is a Reckon product QuickBooks Lite 2002 First Business
Photo of Ric Benjamin

Ric Benjamin

From your history page: http://www.reckon.com.au/aboutus/OurHistory.aspx

this statement "QuickBooks Lite 2002, an entry level accounting package which integrates GST tracking with BAS, debuts in June."
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for that Ric, sorry about that I just couldn't see it in our normal listings.

Try giving this a go,

Firstly, create a copy of your company file and then paste it into a external memory source (USB stick, external hard drive).

Then Open the company file, create a backup and save it to your desktop. Then restore that backup, give it a different name and preferably a different location ie. maybe for your desktop or C drive for example.

Now open that restored company file. Does it have the same information as your original file?

Let me know

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Ric Benjamin

Ric Benjamin

Hi Rav, how do create a copy of the company file?  And are you saying to open the copied file or the original? I'm confused
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Sorry Ric, what I meant to say was make a copy of your file name in Windows Explorer ie. just the regular Windows copy option.
Open the original file and back that up to the desktop (or some other destination)

Cheers
Rav