My computer locks up when trying to create an invoice/ estimate list with Reckon Accounts Home and B

Darryl_7180646
Darryl_7180646 Member Posts: 4

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi Darryl, thanks for your post and welcome to the Community.

Try this help article which relates to a similar if not the same occurrence.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'll need to run though some troubleshooting.

1st step would be opening up another company file to see if the same occurrence persists.
         >If Yes, reinstalling would be best option, as it would indicate there is a corruption with the install.
         >If No, validating/fixing the file would be best option, as it's only occurring in that individual instance which indicates the fault lies with the data file. Steps on validating & super-validating can be found here:https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/reckon-account-personal-2015-backup-failure

Keen to hear how you go Darryl.

^Mirko

• Darryl_7180646
    edited November 2015
    Hi Mirko, thanks for your prompt response. i have had quicken for ages and only just started using the business option. As you suggested I opened a totally new data file and the invoicing estimates works fine. I have been thinking about upgrading anyway so do you think doing the reinstall with 2015 version would be the way to go. Regards Darryl
  • Darryl_7180646
    edited October 2014
    Hi Mirko, I now have it working which is fantastic. The problem was with the tax control file. I did what you suggested and created a new business /company at which point I realised that the tax control files looked different. Anyway it's great news and I really appreciated your guidance. Regards Darryl
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    You're welcome Darryl, great to hear it all worked out for you. ^Mirko.
  • David Sutton
    David Sutton Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2017
    This happens with version 2016 on Windows 10 - super validating does not help
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2017
    Hello David,

Welcome to the Reckon community.
    Did you follow this help article to resolve the issue?

regards,
    John.

• David Sutton
    edited July 2017
    Thanks the tax control account was under Property and Debt. I moved it to Business Tax as suggested but the software still hangs - I have not been able to create any invoicesCheersDavid

• John G
    edited July 2017
    Hi David,

Do you get any error message when RAP hangs?
    Does the fault only happen with Invoices, or do you have problems on other functions - like entering a transaction, customising a report, printing a report, using One Step Update, creating a backup? 

Now that you have moved a key component, Validate and SuperValidate the file again.  Any change?

Are you working on a new PC with Windows 10, or did you upgrade the PC to Windows 10?

regards,
    John.  

• David Sutton
    edited July 2017
    Only with creating an invoice, validating, super validating does not help, upgrade to windows 10
  • John G
    edited July 2017
    Thanks David,

After a computer upgrade some of the paths used by the application have changed in the new operating system version and so some functions do not work as required.  You'll need to uninstall and reinstall the Reckon Accounts Personal programme.  
    1. Go to the Control Panel and select Programs and Features;
    2. Right-click Reckon Accounts 20xxit and select Uninstall.
    3. When complete, reboot the PC and install the application and Activate again.  
    regards,
    John.

• David Sutton
    edited July 2017
    I installed Reckon Accounts after the windows upgrade not how reinstalling would help