my jobkeeper total employee is not showing correctly in the tax portal

Tania Lindenmayer_10498166
Tania Lindenmayer_10498166 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
When I went to declare my Jobkeeper in the tax portal the employe numbers were incorrect by 2 in one fortnight and 3 in the second.  I have checked and I have correctly added the right people.  I can't change this in the tax portal they say I have to do it in the stp but can't see how to fix it.  it is pretty urgent to fix as I can't finalize my claim.

Comments

• Kris Harris
    Kris Harris Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2020
    I have a similar problem. In my case I used the incorrect FN for an employee that finished up so I am one employee short in FN04. I have updated payroll and submitted an update event in STP but that has not fixed the declaration in the portal. I'm not sure I made the correction in STP the correct way though. I have spoken to the ATO but they could not confirm how to do it or if it will actually change a declaration that has been populated in the portal. They suggested I do May's declaration manually with them over the phone as they are not able to change the declaration at their end.

Here is some info from the ATO on making corrections in STP: 

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/In-detail/Reporting-eligible-employees-and-JobKeepe...

Have you checked you have used the correct finish FN for any employees that have become ineligible?

Have you checked your Jobkeeper payroll items are set up correctly? I believe they must be only set up as Allowances - Other for the ATO to recognise them. Are they all in the correct format - JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX etc?

Would be great if Reckon could provide some advice on this.