My payment summary RESC amount does not match my reports. The reports are correct? How do I fix the

Debbie_7630441
Debbie_7630441 Member Posts: 7
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Reckon accounts hosted edition 2015

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
  • Debbie_7630441
    Debbie_7630441 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2019

Thanks but the links do not help. I have the first 2 months of Super salary sacrifice missing from the total RESC? Nothing has changed during the year, so why is the total amount not shown?

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Debbie - Knowledge base item kb3621 will work if you follow those instructions as I had to do this last Friday to correct a similar problem.   You will find this here:
      http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3621    John G
  • John Graetz
    edited December 2016
    Hi Debbie.  My solution might be for a different problem than you are experiencing as mine related to a greater amount appearing on the Payment Summary, whereas you seem to have it the opposite way around.  Is it possible that the payroll item was changed after the year started?  Here is what I would be doing for all affected employees:
    1. Run the report as detailed in kb3621 to identify the affected employees
    2.  Edit each affected pay by unlocking the pay, but before you make any changes, ensure you note down the current net pay amount and the amount of tax deducted.
    3.  Delete the problem Salary Sacrifice Super item from the pay then reinsert the same item - this refreshes the pay.
    4.  Ensure that neither the tax amount nor the net pay amount has changed.  If it does, it could be because the refreshing has now caused the correct tax treatment of the item to have "been discovered".  If that happens, you will need to change the tax figure back to what it was.  If you are not sure what just happened, you can cancel your editing and start it again.
    5.  Save the pay and run your reports again and hopefully they will be OK now.
    John G

• Rebecca_7639009
    Rebecca_7639009 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2015
    Thanks John, I had the same issue with Sal/Sac.  Would never have thought it could be so simple to fix and it was that easy.  Rebecca N
  • John Graetz
    edited December 2016
    What wonderful news Rebecca.  I am pleased that you have had success with this solution and, it seems, so easy at that :).  John G