My Reckon One unreconciled accounts have somehow gone from 8 to 1602 overnight. What happened?

Tracey Lees
Tracey Lees Member Posts: 6
edited November 2018 in Reckon One

Comments

• Peter Selwyn
    Peter Selwyn Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2018
    Hi Tracey,
    You might like to read the following thread.  It could be that part of your answer is in the responses I received a couple of days ago.
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/bank-reconciliation-ft9tthj2jgqed
    Kind regards
    Peter

• Tracey Lees
    edited November 2018
    Thanks!  I'll call them today to find out how this gets fixed.  Would you please let me know if you discover anything?

Thanks
    Tracey
  • Peter Selwyn
    edited November 2018
    Hi Tracey,
    I think the issue is that, in large part, they discovered that the methodology (the algorithms within their systems) by which reconciliations have been done up to now has not been very robust.  Thus, while it has looked to us (as consumers) that all is well, in practice it may not always have actually been so well.
    Their explanation to me was that the new system is implementing a much more robust 'true' reconcilation process and that we should reap the benefits of that as we go forward.
    What it has also meant, for a few (???) of us (eg you and me anyway), is that we have had to go back and re-reconcile a whole bunch of previously reconciled transactions.  I have rather fewer than you, but the process is not ultimately so difficult.
    Just go to the reconciliation page, select to vew 100 at a time, then hit the 'select all' box at the top of the column.  Then do the same with the next 100.  
    The only small remaining bug (in my view) in this is that the 'select all' button only appears if either all or none of the transactions in view are selected.  If any other number are already selected, then it doesn't appear.  (So - if for example, you go to a page and find a few are already selected, quicker option is to deselect them first, then hit the 'select all' button at the top.
    Hope this helps.  (I'm not an expert!!!)
    Rgds
    Peter
  • Tracey Lees
    edited November 2018
    Dear Peter,

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your response.  

I am also having an issue with paid invoices showing as unpaid.  Have you struck that?

Kind regards,
    Tracey
  • Peter Selwyn
    edited November 2018
    No I haven't.  But then - I don't do invoicing out of ReckonOne.
  • Tracey Lees
    edited November 2018
    OK, thanks anyways.