myGovID and RAM for tax professionals using Reckon Elite Tax Practice software does it comply??

cosmic
cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
"myGovID and RAM for tax professionals

From late March 2020, myGovID and Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) will replace AUSkey as the way you access Online services for agents and other government online services.
Step 5 – If you use software to report to us (optional)

If you use desktop or locally-hosted software (not cloud-based), you may need to undertake additional steps. Your digital service provider will guide you through this process.
If you use cloud-based SBR-enabled software, you don’t need to undertake additional steps – your digital service provider will do this for you."

Hello APS or Elite support
I am about to change to above requirement by ATO  
I USE  Reckon Elite, before I start to change over , I am nervous if Reckon ELite will cause problems  as the above statement states :Your digital service provider will guide you through this process

Can some one tell me do I need to be concerned and I will not have delays or issues?

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

Comments

• Peter French
    Peter French Member Posts: 20
    edited February 2020
    Good luck, join the line.  I downloaded ATOBE and ti couldn't be found, uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now it tells me "...can't extract - destination file could not be created ..." - have had a Reckon expert go into my system but still not resolved. Tanks God we can still lodge with AUSKEY.
  • cosmic
    edited February 2020
    ohhhhh , thank you , I suspected this will happen with ELITE!!!
    So I need to delay this but we cant for too long.
    Hello RECKON ELITE APS CAN YOU GUYS FIX THIS URGENTLY????

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Peter French
    edited February 2020
    They will be working on it - just thank your lucky stars your software provider is one or two of the others!
  • Peter French
    edited February 2020
    Lodge your BAS returns through the portal and all of my tax returns are not due till 15 May and 6 June so if it takes ages to fix [???] we can stretch out the time, but let's not tell them that at Elite :)
  • cosmic
    edited February 2020
    So we can still use AUSKEY after MARCH  IS IT ?
    This not good , need to talk to higher management , Sam Allert is the chief , I may contact him . LOTS Invested with Reckon for many years I have 

From late March 2020, myGovID and Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) will replace AUSkey as the way you access Online services for agents and other government online services.

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Peter French
    edited February 2020
    We can only use Auskey till end of March ... so I hope my Elite system is working by then, as long as Reckon doesn't blame the ATO, and ATO blame Reckon and then both blame my computer!
  • cosmic
    edited February 2020
    hello APS /ELITE 
    Whats happening we need to get this fixed ?
    We need to change to myGovID very soon

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Peter French
    edited February 2020
    Join the club ... I had a nice lady phone me Wednesday and access my software by DUALMON and couldn't find 'key store' [?] and we reloaded ATOBE twice but got nowhere. She said she would come back to me so I cleared my desk for all of yesterday but nothing happened. I cant find 'manage credentials page' no matter what I do so am stuffed. Lodging BAS through the ATO portal and all portal stuff 100% but Reckon Elite? ... AUSKEY or nothing. Possibly not Reckon Elites fault, possibly my computer, other software, ATO, global warming, ScoMo the cause of it all. Going to try to go from start again but without being able to access 'manage credentials page, I am buggered. According to the list on my computer. I have all of the authorisations ....
  • Michael Lee
    Michael Lee Alumni Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi,

This is Michael, the Team Leader for the Elite Support Team. Please refer to the following Knowledge Base Articles for information on how to set up Machine Credentials in Reckon Elite.

https://myaps.reckon.com/knowledgebase/article/KA-03692/en-us

https://myaps.reckon.com/knowledgebase/article/KA-03711/en-us

If you require any further assistance, then please log a Support Case by sending an email to support@reckon.com

• Peter French
    edited February 2020
    The RAM is a mess thanks to the ATO. I got my problems solved in the end in 15 minutes thanks to Christine Fernandez of Reckon. A brilliant lady.
  • cosmic
    edited February 2020
    Great , I will try mine soon , so Christine is from Elite whats the Number  pls

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Peter French
    edited February 2020
    I emailed her
  • cosmic
    edited February 2020
    ok   thanks

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Peter French
    edited February 2020
    Or is NOT Reckons problem but an ATO problem but Reckon have resolved it and l didn't need to contact ATO.
  • Peter French
    edited February 2020
    There is NOTHING wrong with the software. The problems is at the ATO end but in my case it has been resolved. The issue was with ATOBE which would not open "...can't extract - destination file could not be created...'. The first attempt at resolution was unsuccessful, and I got a phone call yesterday, all settings in the authorisation manager were reset, including the RAM verification code, and AUSKEY in my lodgement panel was replaced with the new stuff and I then lodged a trust return and a company return. So resolution successful.
  • Michael Lee
    edited February 2020
    Hi Peter. You're right - most of the issues being reported by our clients are with the ATO side of things. As a general rule, Reckon staff can't assist with outside software issues, but we're always happy to lend a hand when we can.

Thanks for the good words about Christine. We think she's pretty special!
  • Michael Lee
    edited February 2020
    Please log a support case by emailing support@reckon.com. Someone will get in touch to assist.
This discussion has been closed.