MYOB -v- Quickbooks

Lee-Anne_9556892
Lee-Anne_9556892 Member Posts: 4
After a 15 year absence from Quickbooks our accountant is now using it and I am currently in the process of looking at changing from MYOB  back to Quickbooks - have downloaded the trial version, had a play and spoken with Tech Support who at this stage I am deciding after waiting for 95 minutes to speak with them was a total waste of time - can anyone tell me any of the following:

Can data be imported easily into Quickbooks from an excel spreadsheet without using any third party software - MYOB has a import and export assistant that allows you to import all transactions from Excel - we have multiple receive money transactions in a month and I usually just write a excel spreadsheet, it is substantially quicker but I cant find anything similar looking in Quickbooks

Can a tax code list be imported, I have tried, it tells me it imported and then when I look at the list there is none of the new ones there.

Can a tax code be set up to not link to a BAS report (ie franking credits linked to an asset account at a rate of 30%)

Is there a support system other than tech support for new users who can answer these sorts of questions as tech support cannot?

And right at this moment in time, the way to unistall the trial version, because as much as I hate to say it I am starting to think in this day and age that MYOB is a superior product.

Comments

• Lee-Anne_9556892
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Kevin - I dont want to host in a cloud so that rules out a lot, did exactly this and wrote the list this afternoon and for the functionality I am looking for MYOB wins but in saying that I have only looked at Reckon - My earlier days I used Quickbooks and your advice that it is different may warrant a look - is it still available and does it need to be hosted or can you purchase a desktop version
  • Lee-Anne_9556892
    edited February 2018
    oh and what is Zero?