Need technical support with reckon hosted but have not been able to get though on the phone since Fr

Anette Helleren
Anette Helleren Member Posts: 9
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
3 users on reckon hosted(multi user setup, but each user bumps off the other user because it skips the login page where each person needs to type in login details. I just need some technical help but reckon has turned off their technical phone support - what is going on???

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Anette.  This is potentially due to the fact that each user is using the same login details.  Is that correct?  When Reckon did maintenance a week or so ago, the fixed a problem which allowed multiple user sessions with the same logon details.  The upshot of this is, and which has been the case for a long time, you need to purchase sufficient licences for the total number of users that you want to log on simultaneously.  This problem was discussed in the forum last week and it sounds like your situation might be similar.
    John L G
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi there Annette,
    I'm sorry to hear its been a struggle in getting through to our support team, they've certainly been kept quite busy at the moment and we're doing everything we can to minimise wait times as much as possible.

In regard to your query, are your 3 users each using their own individual login details ie. User ID & password to the Hosted service itself? If they are sharing a login, then the secondary session will take over the existing session with the same login.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Anette Helleren
    edited August 2020
    We have 3 login's  no sharing of log in's. This all happened after we started with a 3rd login. I'm the admin but can't work with getting bumped off the system by user 2?

• Anette Helleren
    edited June 2019
    I have 3 licenses, none of my staff are sharing login's. Example, when user 2 in on PC and I log in on my computer, it goes straight past the login page and I will be on user 2's login. It's not great
    ?
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    So just to confirm Anette - see the images below - do you have 3 login ID's and passwords for your Hosted screen:image

and then do you have 3 users setup in your datafile for this login to the company file: 

In order to use Hosted with 3 users at the same time - you will need 3 different login credentials for first screen to access Hosted - then as many different login credentials as you need to access the company files at the same time?
  • Anette Helleren
    edited June 2019
    Yes I have paid for 3 log in's, each having user name and password etc
  • John Graetz
    edited June 2019
    HI Anette.  How long has this been happening?  When Rav explained this last week, he specifically mentioned that if user 1 had logged into the company file and then user 2 logged into the same company file, using the same company user name and password, it would by-pass the login screen because there was already a session in place using that same company file (not Hosted login details) login.  From what you have said so far, your problem is typical of the situation which now arises after the weekend of maintenance.  Sorry to ask again, but are you positive that both of you are not somehow using the same company file login details without realising this?
    John L G
  • Anette Helleren
    edited June 2019
    It started last week, where everything was working fine beforehand.
    We are not using the same login, part of the problem is that it completely ship's the step where you can put in user details in my case admin, it just logs straight into other user .
    I'm very frustrated, that things are being changed and its affecting my business

• Anette Helleren
    edited June 2019
    We have 3 logins.
    We have most problems between user admin and user 2. When admin is on, user 2 does not even get the login page come up for credentials to be fill in eg user name and pass word, it just go straight to admin which  just get bumped off and my staff then has full access to my login - this is not great.
    Solution please
  • John Graetz
    edited June 2019
    Hi Anette.  The time-line fits exactly with the maintenance on the prior weekend.  Unfortunately, it is exactly the scenario that Rav painted in the forum, explaining why one user could knock out the other user - my explanation previously was not correct though.  The reason given by Rav was that both users were using the same Hosted login, and that was therefore the reason that user 2 could kill off user 1, because user 2 was logging into Hosted with the same details and because that session was already active, it did not need user 2 to have to sign in to the company file.  Based on that, I would be double checking to make sure that both of you are not using the same Hosted login accidentally.  So far nobody else has specifically reported the problem that you are recounting in this forum, but several others have had a similar problem because they were logging into Hosted using the same hosted login details.
    John L G
  • megan_10040714
    megan_10040714 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    One of my clients has reported the same problem.  Have two different Reckon logins on different computers.  They were going to ring Reckon.  Will let you know if they have any luck.

• Linda ABC
    edited June 2019
    When you are on the Dashboard page ..where you see the green button for Launch Reckon accounts and the black button for Control Panel...can you go to top right corner and click settings, then logout? Now log in again making sure you are each using a unique set of credentials?
  • Anette Helleren
    edited June 2019
    Hi Lida, thanks ok that makes it work logging out on the page with the green button, going to the login page and put in user 2's  credential, though it still did show  show admin as the user before I changed it to user 2; but surely this can not be correct that user 2 have to log out each time before even logging on??
    But many thanks for your time?
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2019
    Thats good to hear Anette - Your browser should remember the credentials you used last and then your datafile should remember which file/user was opened with those credentials last.  :)
  • Anette Helleren
    edited June 2019
    Hi Linda, well this is the thing, it should remember credential's on user 2 and 3's  PC, but it does not, it will pop up with the user name of the person currently logged on, on another computer.  And to think, not that I do not trust my staff that they can just get access to files that they should not get access too! It's doing my head in. 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Anette,
    Sorry but can I just boil this down to one question so I can piece this together..
    are your users logging in to the Hosted service (the screen from Linda's first image) with their own UNIQUE user ID and password or not?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Anette Helleren
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav, 

Aimee here - it has come to our attention that all users have being logging into hosted (first step according to Linda's photos) through the User 1 account, this seems to be an error caused after the struggle of setting up User 3, the computers have auto-saved User 1 and haven't been using their own. 

I am able to get through correctly (and without any bumping off) with Users 1 & 2, but somehow user 3 does not have a company set up anymore. 

When logging into the hosted (first step) account details for user 1, i can open the company through user 3's details (if that makes sense). 

Do we need to go back and set up the company again through user 3? 

Thanks

P.S;
    An explanation of why there is a 2 step process for logging in might be helpful in the understanding of why this is an error.