Need to have separate email address for supplier accounts and sales departments

Roger_6882466
Roger_6882466 Member Posts: 5
I would have thought that we weren't the only ones with this request. A lot of companies have separate sales branches and a centralised accounts department. When sending remittance advises we have to manually enter a different email address .

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Yes, this is quite painful, hoping Reckon can add in a few more options for emails linked to purchases, invoices and remittances. as many larger companies lose emails not directly addressed to the correct department.

I have requested this as a program change/addition in the past.

I have found a solution for the interim. I have the accounts department as the email on file for quick processing of invoices, statements and remittances. 
    I have put the sales email as the last line on the address, this makes it immediately clear to use another email (other than the one on file) to send to. I have the To Be Emailed box ticked, copy the sales email, and then go to Send Batch, enter the email address and send.  
    It is a further few steps but makes end of month work so much easier.

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    You can enter 2 email addresses in the default email simply add a semi colon after each email address ie jenny@ato.gov.au;john@debtcollection.god.au
    Setup an in-house rule for the order of email addresses "account;sales;project officer" Rather than batch email send immediately and remove the relevant email addresses as required.
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    Thank  you Jacqui, I did not know about 2 emails able to go on the one line. 
  • Trevor Watson
    Trevor Watson Member Posts: 61
    edited September 2016
    This doesn't work with Outlook 2010 and RAP, even using the CC field doesn't work correctly - when it comes to sending the email it just duplicates the first email address - so in your example the email would be addressed jenny@ato.gov.au;jenny@ato.gov.au

I have to use DebonAir's method defaulting to the credit department email & adding the sales email to the address.
  • DebonAir
    edited December 2016
    Thank you Trevor, this will save me some time trying to figure out what is wrong when I try this.