need to import active items .how do I do this?

Wayne Smith
Wayne Smith Member Posts: 6
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
small retail business,2019  premier & pos. file has 10 years transactions, 3.5gb size. need to reduce, but verify and rebuilds won't work due to file size.. will start new file to go forward from 1 July, can start from trial balances but need to import active items,on hand, barcodes,cost .how do I do this easily?

Comments

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I have successfully condensed files over similar size.
    Firstly resort all lists then when you try to condense don't try to condensed five years in one hit do one year at a time ie if the file started in 2010 and do 2011 one year and time after you're finished create a portable file and import portable file back in.
    Failing that open your item list in Excel sort by inactive items and then delete those and then re import the list Also is such a file size a rebuild can take several hours so just set it off and walk away
  • Wayne Smith
    Wayne Smith Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2019
    not worried about condensing file as such. more interested in just starting new file with inventory after stocktake adjustments, ready for new year with correct opening stock. have tried export and import on "new" file but encounter various errors "not imported", need to map, "tax code error", etc. instructions for doing this in help seem to create more questions, where do I go for "better" instruction?