Need to open a locked bank account dated November 2015 for editing

Josh_8956122
Josh_8956122 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in Reckon One
using Reckon One and have only just got really serious about it. Last financial year we ended up not using it to submit our tax, and now i have started using it for this financial year however i have entered all information required and the balance is incorrect. I have gone back through and noticed that not all transactions have been entered into the last financial year, and it is now locked off. I am wondering how i can edit the last financial year so my balance is correct for this year. I have deleted out the lock off date and it still won't let me do anything. 
Thanks for your time

Comments

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    21 Feb 2017 Hi Josh, Does the message refer to a bank account lock of date of a book lock off date? Bank account lock off message example: This bank account has been locked off until 6 February 2017. Transactions can't be added, edited or deleted unless the lock off date is changed. Book lock off message example: This book has been locked off until 6 February 2017. Transactions can't be added, edited or deleted unless the lock off date is changed. The bank account lock off date setting can be accessed by editing the applicable bank account via the bank accounts page. Click the spanner icon for the bank you wish to edit. A book lock off date can be accessed by the business settings page (Click the cog icon top right of the page > Settings > Business settings).
  • Josh_8956122
    Josh_8956122 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    It's for the bank account, i have already removed the lock off date in settings and it still has all of the last financial year locked off. 
    If i can't edit the last financial year is there any way of changing the balance to start off this financial year? 

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    21 Feb 2017

Hi Josh,

Have you also reviewed the book lock off date setting? The book lock off date is a global lock off so it affects all bank accounts regardless if a bank has no lock off period set.

For example: 
    * you might use the bank account lock off to lock down your bank account after a reconciliation to prevent edits to a reconciled period for that bank account.
    * you might use a book lock off date to lock down a historical financial year to prevent edits to that historical financial year period. This covers all bank accounts within the locked book period.