Negative values in bank transaction rule allocations not allowed?

Options
Andrew_8635213
Andrew_8635213 Member Posts: 44
edited December 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have a memorised transaction setup for our loan interest which credits the interest expense account and debits the RWT withholding tax account.

When I tried to add this as a rule, it wouldn't allow a negative amount on the RWT as per attached screenshot.  Am I going about this the wrong way, or should the program allow me do this?

Comments

• Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I also do this with my interest and RWT except I have memorised the transaction as a Jornal Entry that automatically records at the dates I have set (thus does not need to be set up as a rule) -  then when I upload my bank statement it automatically matches to the transaction....
  • Andrew_8635213
    Andrew_8635213 Member Posts: 44
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Don't the date's have to match for it to automatically match though?  The dates of the automatic payments are often different if if the date is not a working day for example.
  • Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I edit the transaction dates manually if need be.  

Hopefully someone else out there in the community may have an answer for this - would be good to know if there is another way around it. 
  • Pam_9173848
    Pam_9173848 Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I do the same as Toni, and when the bank feeds have matched, generally the ones that are a day or so out, I change the dates in the register to the actual date on the bank transaction list and then all match.  I havent found another way either.