Negative values in bank transaction rule allocations not allowed?

Andrew_8635213
Andrew_8635213 Member Posts: 44
edited December 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have a memorised transaction setup for our loan interest which credits the interest expense account and debits the RWT withholding tax account.

When I tried to add this as a rule, it wouldn't allow a negative amount on the RWT as per attached screenshot.  Am I going about this the wrong way, or should the program allow me do this?

Comments

• Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited December 2018
    I also do this with my interest and RWT except I have memorised the transaction as a Jornal Entry that automatically records at the dates I have set (thus does not need to be set up as a rule) -  then when I upload my bank statement it automatically matches to the transaction....
  • Andrew_8635213
    Andrew_8635213 Member Posts: 44
    edited January 2018
    Don't the date's have to match for it to automatically match though?  The dates of the automatic payments are often different if if the date is not a working day for example.
  • Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited December 2018
    I edit the transaction dates manually if need be.  

Hopefully someone else out there in the community may have an answer for this - would be good to know if there is another way around it. 
  • Pam_9173848
    Pam_9173848 Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2018
    I do the same as Toni, and when the bank feeds have matched, generally the ones that are a day or so out, I change the dates in the register to the actual date on the bank transaction list and then all match.  I havent found another way either.