net investment worth year by year

Chris Campbell
Chris Campbell Member Posts: 12

I have Personal plus 2015, I am trying to compare my share portfolio value over the last 4 years ending 30th June. I can produce a report that shows the value for now but if I try for 30/06/2014 all I can get is the value for my bank accounts but I show nothing for my share portfolio worth. If I untick the Include unrealised gains box? in my customise screen I show the bought value for my share portfolio not the market worth for that time. Can someone please tell me how I get the market value for my share portfolio for a date prior to now

Chris

Comments

• Dan Fardon
    Dan Fardon Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2017

Hi Chris,

Go to Reports, Net Worth & Balances, Account Balances. This displays a Report, but it is not the one you are looking for.

So click Customise. This will display the Customise Account Balances panel.

Click Accounts and click Clear All.

Then click Investing, and click all of your investment accounts.

Click  Display, and in the Interval drop-down box, scroll down and click year.

Then click the Account Detail box, and then OK.

That will show the Graph by year, and your investment accounts and the value of each of your shareholdings by year.

You can hide the Graph by clicking Hide Graph in the Report display.

Best wishes,

Dan Fardon (I am not a Reckon employee or consultant)

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    When did you purchase the shares ?
  • Fred_7639421
    Fred_7639421 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited August 2015

Is this the one you are looking at? This works for me

Reports>Standard Reports>Investing>Port Value>Customise>Date Range>Show Report>Customise Again (if required)

Regards

• Chris Campbell
    edited August 2015
    Hi Don, I went through your instructions step by step getting quite excited but no, the year ending 30/06/2015 is correct .  after that it is wrong . For year ending 2014 it is showing an error of $168,449.15, that is $168,449.15 less than it should be. Year ending 2013 it is showing $281,444.76 less than it should be. Before this I used two brokers and it only shows $0.86 in one of them for year ending 2011 and 2012 and prior to that back to 2005 the figures shown are totally wrong as well that is using my original broker. All my trades and accounts are correct in quicken back to when I started using quicken for my Self-managed Super. I believe that somewhere back in the past I could access these figures, I think.  When doing comparisons all other bank accounts show correctly it is only my Trading account that won’t bring up figures in the past
    I have this idea it may be taking my Cost basis (Cost of shares purchased for the period in question and taking away the accumulated losses since 2005 from that figure giving me a totally incorrect figure. It should be taking the Cost basis and taking away or adding losses or gains to give me the actual balance.
    John Campbell, I have held shares in this account since 2005
    Fred , no it gave similar answers as  other reports
    Thanks, please don’t give up on me. I do wonder if something has happened to the program in that area is that possible.
     Chris

• Chris Campbell
    edited August 2015
    Hi Don, I have just tried an old backup of Quicken that starts at 17/01/2005 and finishes 28/10/2011. I ran your report you gave me and it works.
    I have reloaded quicken file I use  ran your report and it doesn’t work it will show all bank accounts and the portfolio of shares and the figure is correct but only to the last transactions. All past dates (Years) it only shows a list of shares with no amounts it a setting or what?
    Chris

• Chris Campbell
    edited August 2015
    Don this whole thing is getting ridiculous. I run your report if I have THE Advanced tab open and tick Include unrealised gains I show no figures except the last day. If I untick the Include unrealised gains box I get figures for my portfolios. In my Etrade account I have share trades I did in the past repeating themselves across all years which make my results wrong. (In the older version I tried this didn’t happen) This appears to be happening in my CMC Markets account as well.
    Chris