Networked Senor GTP-290B3 kitchen printer

Options
Jake_7435743
Jake_7435743 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2016 in Point of Sale
I am trying to setup a Senor GTP-290B3 as a ethernet kitchen printer.  I have set up the IP address and IPPort but it will not allow me to connect to it via ethernet.  Has anyone connected a themal printer over the network?

Using POS 2014 Pro (17.0.21)

Comments

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Jake,

Just checking to see if you have completed the instructions below:

This feature has been designed to allow duplicate printing to a remote receipt printer from all terminals. To select the items you want sent to this printer, open Point of Sale Administrator and select Tools - Options - Lists. For the Product List select the option 'Kitchen Printing Options'. Apply your changes and click OK to exit the Options screen.
    Open the Product List and use the new column 'Print' to select 'Y - Always print' or 'N - Do not print'. Multiple products can be changed by using the Print button menu options.

This is usually done prior to the setup of IP address and IPPort.
    It can also be done after the IP address and IPPort setup.

Kind regards,
    Alex
  • Jake_7435743
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Alex,

Yes, I have done this.

My problem seems to be with adding the Senor Tech printer as an ethernet printer.  When I try to set it as the kitchen printer in POS terminal it will only give me options for COM ports.

Thanks
    Jake
  • Alex Tan
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Jake,

Can you let me know your hardware layout?

Regards,
    Alex
  • Jake_7435743
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have a mix of Obvios and Senor tech printers connected to POS terminals.  I want to add an ethernet printer which is not connected to a terminal.

Is that what you need to know?

I'm running windows 8 64-bit

I have set the ethernet printer with a static IP and I can ping it. 
  • Alex Tan
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Jake,

I have just checked the Senor GTP-290B3 and it does not have an ethernet port at the back of the unit so it will not be able to attach itself to an ethernet port.

On further inspection of the list inside the terminal software, the Senor GTP-290B3 receipt printer has in brackets (USB) only where you would need the option to say (Ethernet) for it to be properly configured and an ethernet port on the back of the printer.

At the moment it looks like the only (Ethernet) capable kitchen printer that is compatible would be the "Epson TM-U220 (Ethernet)" printer.

Kind regards,
    Alex