New company file location on Q Drive and accountant cant access it. My other company file is locate

KellyH
KellyH Member Posts: 35
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Ive added a new company file to my Reckon Accounts hosted and I want my accountant to be able to look at this company file.  I noticed my other company file location is \RAH-FSS-09 -AP2A etc etc but the new company file is located in the Q Drive.  How do I move it the \RAH-FFS-09 etc etc location so the accountant can access it.  Im at a total loss here.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Adrian_6974554
    Adrian_6974554 Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Best option is to back up the file.

Then restore into the shared folder.

Need to then ensure you don't use the old file located directly on your Q: drive.

Either delete the file, can do this via the download box right click file then select delete. Only after ensuring you can open the file in the restored location.

Adrian
  • KellyH
    edited April 2020

Thank you Adrian.  I will try this although I cant seem to find the location of the shared folder.  I know the file location of the other company file but cant seem to find it anywhere.
  • Adrian_6974554
    edited April 2020
    When you restore the file, you should see a folder on Q: drive that will link to the \RAH-FSS-09 -AP2A etc etc.

Or the folder will be called the name of the other data file.
    Click on the folder and you should see the other QBO file in there.

Should have a picture of a shortcut for the folder 
  • KellyH
    edited April 2020

Thanks Adrian. I can see the shortcut folder for my other company but its looking as if I need to make a new shortcut folder for this particular company otherwise it wants to overwrite my other company files.  Any chance you would know how to do this for the new company???
  • Adrian_6974554
    edited April 2020
    Once you are in the folder, type in the name of the company file that you are trying to restore. It will then be saved as a new file.
  • KellyH
    edited April 2020

Thanks. Im ok with the company files being restored.   Its just that this is the third company I have set up on this reckon and I can see the shortcuts for the other 2 companies but not one for this company so its thrown me a bit and would really prefer to have it in its own separate shortcut folder rather than saving it in one of the other company shortcuts.  Sorry I didn't mention that before.  I would have presumed that this company would have its own shortcut folder aswell??? Unless Ive made an error somewhere?  Does that make sense. 
  • Adrian_6974554
    edited April 2020
    Oh Ok, 
    Some do it differently where they have one shared folder then have all the files in there.

If you want a separate folder.

Make sure no one is in the company file

From the Control Panel other option before clicking on Reckon Hosted.

Select Share your company file.
    Select the file in your Q: drive Select Add then Next
    Enter in the accountants ID select his ids to add, then Next
    You should then get a message that share has been created.

• KellyH
    edited April 2020

Thanks Adrian that is perfect.  It seemed to work ok but now I cant access the new company file.  It says I cant open the file, so ive tried to restore to the back up I did earlier and it tells me I dont have access to the shortcut folder.  so im going to ring technical support as I must of stuffed something up along the way.  Thanks for your help though as its was very helpful.  I really appreciate it