New here, have a mis match of configurations I would like to ask advice on which to change please,

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
I have just had my old faithfull dinosaur laptop die and have upgraded to a new one running Win10.
I am still using an old version of Quickbooks Plus 2012-13 and Office 2007.
I know thy are all old but I was trying not to upgrade everything all at once.
I have it installed and working but I can't email invoices.
Which component should I update first, Office or Quickbooks?
Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Chris

With Windows 10,  it becomes a three-horse race:  All three need to be up-to-date.  The operating system,  the Reckon program, and the Office Suite (ie: Outlook).   To utilise the feature of emailing invoices via Outlook,  from Reckon in a Windows10 environment,  needs the three to work itogether.

To your specific question of 'sequence......
As to the sequence of which to do first,  well that is pretty much irrelevent.   Windows 10 requires the newer Reckon versions in order to run the Accounting properly,  and the latest Outlook is needed in order for the Accounting system to link into the emailing facility.

FYI:  back when Windows 10 first arrived, and Reckon Accounts 2015 was the live version,  there were compatibility matters requiring workarounds back then,  as per:
http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5255&_ga=2.12235124.1793786483.1551045677-385998298.15...

But thereafter, as Windows 10 2016 release emerged, and the question of EMAILING came to the fore,  it became clear that latest Outlook was also required.

Gary

(Edited)
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Gary, I really appreciate your assistance, here I go...
(Edited)