New invoice numbers are changing to single digits every time I log in

Jen Dixon
Jen Dixon Member Posts: 16
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have noticed in the last 2 weeks when I generate a new invoice after the first log in for the day the invoice number does not follow on from the previous numbers eg 9445, it autofills with "4" or "5" . Any ideas? very annoying

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    Are you using the same invoice template?
  • Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 175 Reckon Staff
    edited November 2019
    Dear Jen,
    I want to double-check a few things with your issue, as normally Reckon Accounts Hosted will keep track of custom invoice numbers and count upwards from the latest one you enter.
    1) Are you currently in the admin of the company file when setting the invoice numbers?
    2) Have you run a rebuild of the company file? You can do so by going File > Utilities > Rebuild Data.
    3) Is there already an Invoice 4 or 5 in existence?
    Kind regards,
    Alex
  • Jen Dixon
    edited November 2019
    Hi Kris, 

Yes I am using the same template
  • Jen Dixon
    edited November 2019
    Hi Alex,
    I am the only user so yes admin I guess.
    No I haven't run a rebuild of the file
    No we commenced our invoices at 1000 so there were no invoices in the single digits. The odd thing is, even after i change the "5"to 9567 and the rest of the invoices will continue to run in sequence over the course of the session, the next time I log back in (there is only one template being used) the invoice numbers have reverted back to 4 or 5 etc. As I log in and out multiple times in a day this is not fun.
  • Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 175 Reckon Staff
    edited November 2019
    Dear Jen,
    I can definitely confirm this is not happening in my own files - could you please run a rebuild and double check how the invoice numbers work after you close down the file and re-open it?
  • Jen Dixon
    edited November 2019
    Alexander you are a genius! The problem has been fixed with the rebuild. Thanks so much!