New problem with Personal 2016

Options
Pravin Nahar
Pravin Nahar Member Posts: 3
I have upgraded to Personal Plus 2016. Everytime I am opening the program the Windows 10 UAC is asking my permission to allow the App to make changes !! This is annoying. Whats the solution?

Comments

• Malincan
    Malincan Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    When I upgraded I was asked to grant access to an 'Apps' folder from recollection, so I imagine that is the answer, hopefully another user sees this and give a definitive folder name
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Pravin.

A couple of questions, if you don't mind, so everybody is aware of the ENVIRONMENT in which you are trying to run this extra program.

Are you running the new Reckon PP2016 as administrator and then seeing this error?

OR:
    are you running Win10  logged in as an administrator?

OR:
    did you apply the changes to UAC with an earlier release of PP20xx  where the properties needed adjusting to 'run as administrator'?

In brief,  is this a fresh installation of Win10  and/or PP2016?   You mentioned you 'upgraded'  but did you remove PP2015 or leave it there?    (ie:  did you UNINSTALL PP2105, or replace it, or leave it there?... there's three combinations of the approach you possibly took)

All these variables can make an impact, and lead you to asking the question,  but the combinations are important for readers to appreciate where you've been.

Gary
  • Pravin Nahar
    edited November 2015
    Options

I am running Win 10 logged in as administrator. I uninstalled (as instructed by the upgrade) PP2015 and then installed the PP2016.

I did not make any change to Windows 10.

I am not sure to the 3rd question. I cant remember changes to UAC after installing the PP2015.

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Pravin, Malincan and Gary,

Just want to clarify and confirm that you must have UAC turned on to install and run Reckon Accounts Personal.  

regards,
    John

• Pravin Nahar
    edited November 2015
    Options
    My UAC was turned on when the programme was installed. In fact, its never been turned off.