New Update 11 January 2018 has changed printer / paper settings

• Problem
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)

Thank you for fixing the copy paste function!

The update has also changed our print settings to letter. 
If this has happened to you too, I changed the settings back to A4 by doing the following
>File
>Printer Setup
>Choose template
>Click Options
>Click Paper/Finishing tab
>Change paper size to A4

You will need to do this for each template you require.

Hope this helps :)
Photo of Kylie Austin

Kylie Austin

• 216 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Jenny

Jenny

• 380 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
very helpful - thanks!
Photo of Jenny

Jenny

do you know how to print to PDF?...it doesn't ask me which printer to use...
Photo of Rachel

Rachel

• 670 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Super helpful, thanks very much!
Photo of Jenny

Jenny

eek...every time I log off and log back on again it has reverted my paper size back to letterhead for invoices !???
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 64,698 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for this Kylie, I'll run this past our Hosted team as well.
Photo of Mira

Mira

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have been fixing the printer settings this way, but it reverts back to 'letter' size for all documents/templates every time I close out of and re open reckon. 
Photo of Jenny

Jenny

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes I too have struggled with this all week among other things, to be told I have to uninstall chrome and reinstall it, when we found it made no difference on any browser. To be told it's my printer settings that need to be changed.  To be told that's just the way it is.  Never once did any of the technical support staff say there is a problem with the update and lead me to believe I was the only one with this issue and other problems I am reading on this page.
Photo of Mira

Mira

Definitely not just happening to you! I have tested by logging into my hosted software on 3 different computers now and same issue occurring on all of them. So it's not a Chrome or user fault... it's been specifically caused by this latest Reckon Hosted update.  
Photo of Jenny

Jenny

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I tried to relay that message to the technicians - nothing had changed at my end,  only since the update.  Very frustrating to say the least.  I have numerous error messages occurring, can't move the columns, can't scroll down, can't highlight to copy etc. Today the fonts just magnified, had to close and reopen.  Feel much better that I am not alone on this, although they try and make out you are!
Photo of Mira

Mira

I have been fixing the printer settings this way, but it reverts back to 'letter' size for all documents/templates every time I close out of and re open reckon.