new user - every day

Kevin_9915502
Kevin_9915502 Member Posts: 23
Every time I open Recon Personal Plus 2019 (latest version) on my 5 week old Dell laptop, Recon thinks it is all new. "Am I a new user", "Where is the data file", every time! anoying. HAd a quick chat with Recon customer service, he couldn't help. He was very rushed to get me off the phone for soem reason??

Any ideas on how to get Recon to remember where the data file is?

Kevin

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2019
    Hi Kevin,
    There's some info in this Knowledgebase article which should help you get this sorted -

Last file opened does not open when Personal Plus launched - see Welcome Screen repeatedly

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kevin_9915502
    edited January 2019
    File name is 10 characters.     Kevin_2019   
    I have tried renaming the data file to something shorter but that fails as well. I keep getting a "File not found" error. Apparently another known issue.
  • Kevin_9915502
    edited January 2019
    I have "Validated" not Super Validated the data file. 
    My file location is D:\Data\Quicken_live. This is not a cloud folder as I have found Quicken doesn't like data files in a cloud folder. I do my backups to a cloud folder.

Another suggestion I received was to remove special characters from the data file name. So I have manually renamed all the data files (RENAME in Quicken doesn't work either) from "Kevin_2019" to "Kevin2019", re booted the laptop and surprisingly, it now works as expected it should.

Thanks all for your input.
    Cheers,
    Kevin
  • Astro
    Astro Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2019
    I had the same issue with Home & Business 2019 and tried shortening the file name etc.  Just got really confusing which was the current file etc and ended up with copies of copies and so on.  

What I now do is click on file explorer at the bottom of my screen then double click on the QHB quicken file listed under "Recent files" and it seems to open up fine.  Open Home & Business using any other way (eg from the desktop shortcut, most used applications or Life at a glance) I get the same problem as you.