no GST amount on Invoice

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I've created a new Invoice, Customer and Item, in our new company set up, I've set it up correctly with GST on customer's set-up, but when I do the invoice & estimate - no GST is being worked out?
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

• 910 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 51,486 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Have you set up the tax preferences in the company file? Have you entered the tax code to the data entry screen?
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

Yes that is both correct. Even when I tick including gst on invoice, it doesn't work out tax amount into invoice
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

Also it's not tracking tax anywhere, we tried a supplier invoice and it's not calculating tax, checked reports on tax but nothing being tracked.
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

HELP PLEASE
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,510 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Sonya,

Please check your company file configuration against these settings....

Hope this helps,

regards,
John
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

We didn't have GST set up in the Tax Item List - everything else was correct - where does this come into things?

Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

Still not calculating GST

Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

To Clarify Tax Code Item of GST - it won't allow me to tick the box "GST" for Sales Tax Item - it is saying "This Tax Code has been used, you cannot change it unless you change all transactions, items, accounts, customers and suppliers associated with it"
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,510 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Sonya,

It sounds like your GST Tax Item is linked to another Tax Code.  Check each tax code you have for GST collection and see which Tax Items they are linked to. 

Are you able to use the existing Tax Code linked to Tax Item GST for your Sales?

If not, create a new Tax Code and link it to the GST Tax Item. 

regards,
John
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

We didn't have any Tax Items linked to any Tax Codes in our system.  We set up new Tax Items in system, however it is not allowing us to make these changes saying "This Tax Code has been used, you cannot change it unless you change all transactions, items, accounts, customers and suppliers associated with it".  Now we have deleted tax invoice (we only had one completed), Deleted customer & supplier (only entered 1 of each), Checked in Reports of our Profit & Loss and there are no transactions whatsoever, so not sure why it's not letting us save the changes for GST TAX CODE?

Photo of Shisir

Shisir, Employee

• 3,058 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Hi Sonya,

Could you please provide me with below queries.

1. You advised "We didn't have any Tax Items linked to any Tax Codes in our system. "  My concerns are why were the tax items not linked to the tax codes in the first place. By Default those tax items and tax codes are created and linked, ready for use, when you start a file. Can you please advise if this is a new file you just started? If yes, did you import any of those lists into the file from 3rd party software etc?
  2. You said you have entered the tax code in the customer account. But when you did the invoice, does that invoice has the GST code in the tax column?
    Can you please post the screenshots of below for further investigation?
  • tax invoice you enetered
  • Tax item list
  • And Tax code list.
Regards
Shisir
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

This is a new company file started, we had Tax Codes in the system, however there were no Tax Items set up in that list.  We have deleted that invoice, customer and supplier etc, trying to remove where the Tax Code may still be connected to something.   We did not import anything in from another software program, we have started a new file for a different company.  When I first completed the invoice, yes GST showed on the invoice in the Tax Code column - but no amounts were ever worked out in the GST Amount column on invoice.
Photo of Shisir

Shisir, Employee

Hi Sonya

Thank you for the update.

Because there was no tax item created by default, I'm assuming there may have been some issue in the process when starting a new file. Possibly it could be corrupt. As I don't see any reason why it would create the tax code but no tax item. If you have just started this file are you able to start over again with the new file, or at least test with the new file and see if that works?

Only other possible situations where you get that message "the tax codes are in use..." is when you have entered the tax code as default code in the contacts like supplier or customers or even in chart of area. Like below.

Regards
Shisir
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

If we set up a new file - are you able to go on and delete this corrupted file (to save the hassle of confusion on which file to use-same company name etc).
Photo of Shisir

Shisir, Employee

Hi Sonya,

You can delete the unwanted files. Please follow this instruction http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5645

Please remember to have a backup of the file just in case if you delete the incorrect one, as there is no way you can retrieve the file once deleted. See this KB for more information http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5596

Regards

Shisir
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

We have attempted to reset up the new Company, and got a third the way through then an error came up (see attached), now after logging out of our log-in user's account, we can't go to any other file, it keeps coming up with this error (we've gone into control panel, logged off remote user, re-sign in, but same error is coming up).  Are you able to go onto our account remotely and fix this issue? We are at a loss..
Photo of Shisir

Shisir, Employee

Hi Sonya

This looks very unusual that you got the error when creating a new file.

Could you please try again using Google Chrome as your browser and see if that helps?

If the issue Persists, please contact our support team so that can have closer look,

Regards

Shisir
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

Tried using on Firefox as well, no luck? Can I request someone contact us please.
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

And it's like it is locked into the new company's name, does not log in as normal and have  you chose what file you want to use.  it's like the new company file has frozen in that error, and every time I log in - it goes straight to that error page, with no options at all.
Photo of Shisir

Shisir, Employee

Hi Sonya

As per your description it looks like the window in stuck on  the process of creating the file. Please try below steps so you can launch the RA hosted to 'No Company Open" window.

1. Log out and log back in to Reckon hosted, but do not launch the program yet.
  2. Press and hold the CTRL + Shift key on your keyboard, and launch the Accounts 2017 R2.
  3. Keep holding the CTRL+Shift key, until you get to the 'No Company open' window.
  4. Now try opening the file again or create the new file.

Regards

Shisir
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

Thanks for your help, tried this this morning, still no luck.  This error coming up
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

**note the name of file in the grey highlighted section at the top is still the NEW FILE we were trying to create last week, it's still stuck at set-up.
Photo of Shisir

Shisir, Employee

Hi  Sonya,
So sorry to hear that.
Can you please email us your contact Number and customer ID on community@reckon.com, so we can further investigate, please?
Regards
Shisir
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

Morning, I've emailed support last week but have had no response?
Photo of Shisir

Shisir, Employee

Hi Sonya,

Did you send an email to community@reckon.com as specified above, as we have not been able to locate it yet?

If not can you please advise where did you send it to?

Regards

Shisir
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

Yes I sent to that email address on 28/3/18
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

I've re-sent again!!! we can't log in at all to the Admin account with Quickbooks as it's frozen still on this error.
Photo of Sonya Herbert

Sonya Herbert

call me on 07-41282775
Photo of Shisir

Shisir, Employee

Thanks Sonya,

We have received your email this time. We will contact you soon.

Regards

Shisir