Importing QIF bank statements into Reckon Accounts

Options
Ian Clarke
Ian Clarke Member Posts: 2
edited August 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hi, back on Jan 13th 2014 I downloaded  .QIF files from  each of my ANZ bank accounts. Most of these loaded successfully, however a couple of them fail  to load the transactions and give the message  "No valid records found to import". When I open the file with a program like notebook ( being careful not to save the file when existing notebook) the format of the file looks exactly like all the others the loaded successfully. Is there a reason that these records will not load?.  Is there a date after which they will not load?  Any ideas and help greatly appreciated.

Regards Ian

Comments

• Ian Clarke
    Ian Clarke Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi,

I have answered my own question. What an Idiot I am, I created the wrong type of account, and it is of not surprise that records from a normal cheque/savings account do not load into a Quicken account created as a investment account intended for recording share trading.

Problem solved.

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Ian,

Thanks letting us know you've sorted it out. You shouldn't be too hard on yourself, we all have oversights!

Hopefully your post will help someone else in the future, as I'm sure your not the first or only person this has happened too!

Cheers,
    Mirko
  • Rod Parungao
    Rod Parungao Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi Mirko,

With the release of new version of Reckon Hosted.
    I cannot import now my bank statements (qif file) saved in my local pc.
    I tried the two blue buttons on the top page (upload and download)
    but it won't works and nothing happened.
    I can't see the uploaded files (qif) in B and Q drive to download from
    the import bank statement menu in Quickbooks.
    Please help.

Many thanks,

Rod Parungao

• ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hi Rod,
    This sounds like something we have to see exactly what is happening to help you,
    Contact me directly I can help you with this...

ABCarlyle@xtra.co.nz 
    Angie Carlyle
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
  • ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I had another think about this,
    In your Q: has there been a folder created called upload? have a look in there for your .qif

Cheers
  • Sue Druery
    Sue Druery Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    Options
    hi I am trying to import the files first time user and I have the downloaded qif file on my c drive in several different folders but the only options I get to import from are b and q  I don't have any idea what these are and I can't even find them   any help would be really appreciated  thanks

• Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi Sue,

It sounds like you're using Reckon Accounts Hosted.

You will need to upload your QIF file to your Q drive. To do this, use the floating toolbar (it looks like a toolbox) and click the upload button. Upload and save the QIF in the Q drive. Then you will be able to import the QIF file into your file from the Q drive.

I hope this helps.

Luke.
  • Sue Druery
    Sue Druery Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi luke i can't seem to find the floating toolbar  so don't know where the upload button is.  any help is greatly appreciated.  thanks

• Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Please watch this YouTube video that goes through how to use the floating toolbar.

Hope this helps.

Luke.