Non Billable Service Item

Options
Jim Part
Jim Part Member Posts: 2
edited June 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Is there a way i can setup a Non Billable Service Item so i don't have to untick the Billable field each time? I have a variety of Billable and Non Billable Service Items.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hello Jim,

Welcome to the Reckon community.

Not sure I understand your question.  There is no facility to make an item permanently billable.  The billable checkmark only appears when you select a customer, an action you take when you are recovering the cost of a purchase (with or without a mark-up) from a customer.  To not bill the customer chosen you must untick the Billable checkmark.  This sequence is by design.

Hpe this helps.

regards,
    John.
  • Jim Part
    Jim Part Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi John,
    Thank you.

We have specific Customer Jobs that are internal to the business and use a Labour: SE Not Billed Service Item. We also have billed Customer Jobs.  
    The question related to the Internal Jobs where there is a need to untick the Billable option for these particular jobs (just the way the system/business is setup).

Being new to the system i was just wondering if i could setup either the Customer Job or the Service Item to default the Billable flag to No to reduce the steps.

Appreciate your guidance.

Regard's,
    Jim.
  • Adrian_6974554
    Adrian_6974554 Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hello Jim

If you have the item linked to a COGS account and not an expense account, I am pretty sure it does not come up to be billed.

Adrian