Not Responding

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
Hi We are using the the 2013 Premier Edition so cannot get support. We only use this for stock items and invoicing and no one has has cleaned up the program for many years even prior to the update. When I attempt to do so, it starts but it freezes and I get not responding message. What can I do?
Photo of Pam

Pam

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 105,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Welcome to the Community Pam

Can you let me know which actions you're performing specifically when you encounter this problem?

Which operating system are you using?
Photo of Pam

Pam

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav
We are using Windows 10. The program has been working very slowly, and someone said that by Cleaning up Company Data it would improve. I select this from Utilities, it starts and gets about 17 percent thru and then does not respond.
Photo of Leanne Bedwell

Leanne Bedwell

• 70 Points
i have the same problem, any help available?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 105,244 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Leanne,
How large is your company file? Do you usually perform maintenance on your file?

I'd recommend performing a verify & rebuild -
How to Verify Data and Rebuild Data for a company data file in Accounts Business (Desktop)
Photo of Leanne Bedwell

Leanne Bedwell

• 70 Points
Hi Rav,  i think the file is quite large. there are transactions 10 years + old on there and i think next to no maintenance probably has been done.
the file continually comes up "not responding" while trying to verify data
The "Not responding" message - along with the % progress seemingly stopping - usually comes up by default during most company file utility actions, however often it IS still working in the background.  If your file is particularly large it will likely stay in this "Not responding" status for some time so, if you can, leaving it overnight would probably be best. 
Photo of michael.coates

michael.coates

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It is meant to be a professional accounting program. For it just to sit there for what can be over one hour producing about 20 statements claiming to be "not responding" is unacceptable. The search feature is the same, as good as useless. After about 20 years using this program I am so fed up that if I can do anything else to change I would