Not the original computer message after upgrade to Personal Plus 2016

Options
Carljh
Carljh Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
I have just upgraded to Personal Plus 2016 from 2015 and despite this being the same PC that I have been using for years, am getting the message 'This does not appear to be the original computer'.  As this is my most used program, I would appreciate a quick response as I am now unable to access PP.

Comments

• Ross_Aitken
    Ross_Aitken Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I had the same issue after renewing my annual licence and downloading and installing the latest version a couple of weeks ago. Was not 2016 though. Had to tick the box on the icon to run as an administrator to solve the problem. Now get one extra security screen to tick to run program but it does run.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Carl and Ross,

You'll get this message on a new install if User Access Control was turned on when you installed Reckon Accounts Personal and is now turned off.  Or, a different user with lower permissions is trying to launch the software.

Take action accordingly, to turn on UAC or give other users higher permissions.  

Full guide is available here.

regards,
    John

• Karen_118831
    Karen_118831 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I had to do this with PP2015 from the day I installed it!  Very annoying. (and, contrary to comment below -- there was no change to UAC and I always used the same user account)