NZ Reckon Accounts Hosted - Unable to Print (27 March 2017)

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Hi everyone,

We are currently investigating printing issues affecting our New Zealand Reckon Accounts Hosted users.

When attempting to print you may see the "Trying to print report" message, however nothing occurs afters this.

I'd recommend clearing your browser caches and then ending the active session via the Hosted control panel and then retrying as a possible troubleshooting measure however early reports suggest this may not prove successful.

The Development team are looking into this issue with the utmost urgency this morning and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration caused.

I will update this thread with more information on progress as soon as possible.

Rav

LATEST UPDATE: 4:40pm NZST 12/4/2017 - CLICK HERE
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 87,004 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
  • Sad

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Heather

Heather

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Invoices not printing.

I printed invoices this morning and now it just goes to the confirmation of printing window w/o printing.
Photo of Cathy Robinson

Cathy Robinson

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
THIS IS STILL A PROBLEM TODAY ... IT WORKS FOR A WHILE THEN DOESN'T. I AM TOLD IT OS FIXED THIS AFTERNOON AND IT IS NOT AL ALL ... SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE INTERFACE TO GOOGLE PRINTERS???? ALL OTHER BUSINESS INTERNET SITES SEEM TO PRINT OK ... NO PROBLEMS . THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY ... PLEASE FIX IT - 
Photo of Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant

Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 2,052 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
This is what we have been told - There are apparently 90 servers dedicated to New Zealand clients and it would appear that a couple of the servers still have the problem.  They have identified the servers with issues and are in the process of correcting the problem.  The suggestion at present is for the clients to log off and then go to the Control panel and log off remote sessions, log back on and this should put them onto another server.  They may have to try a couple of times.
Photo of Kylie Austin

Kylie Austin

• 228 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is really becoming an issue now, this is our busiest time of year, I have customers walking away without a packing slip and i am trying to print invoices, emailing then printing is a VERY slow and impracticable way of doing things. is there any update on when this issue will be fixed? 
Photo of Bill McClure

Bill McClure

We still have a problem printing on all our computers that use Reckon. It is a fault with Reckon software and still has not not been fixed.
Photo of Ian Warner

Ian Warner

• 60 Points
We are still experiencing issues with this mainly at night. Reckon, you need to improve the communication and status of resolution. More transparency required and this now needs to be escalated to Executive Management. I for one will accelerate my transfer to Xero if this can't be sorted quickly
Photo of Leica Dromgool

Leica Dromgool

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

We also are having this issue. Will keep checking this forum for updated throughout the day.

Thanks,
Leica

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

We're continuing to work on this issue as a matter of priority and are making progress on it.

No ETA that I can report just yet but I'll share it along with further details on the problem as soon as I can.

Thank you all for your patience, and apologies again for the immense frustration & inconvenience caused.
Photo of Ruth Porter

Ruth Porter

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Not Printing.

We have two computers, one was letting us print as a little pop up box would say do you want to print, but now that has stopped happening.  The other computer acts like it is going to print but nothing happens.  We have not yet upgraded to 2017 but these problems started last week.3
Photo of jacqueline

jacqueline

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
along with printing issue I've also lost by ability to use my mouse to block or highlight lines
Photo of Sean Cresswell

Sean Cresswell

• 734 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jacqueline, I agree, it's an annoying regression to the way the UI works now.

As a work around though, you can click into the area for editing, and then holding the SHIFT key down, while using [tap for singles or long press for larger select sets] the arrow keys to include the precise selection needed.
Hope that helps for the time being....if indeed it is something they're working on fixing.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi folks!

Our Dev team have rectified the cause of the issue and testing has proven successful.

Now that the fix has been deployed, what you'll need to do is log out of Hosted and end the active remote session via the Hosted control panel. Once that is complete, close & reopen your browser and retry printing in Hosted.

Let me know if you continue to have any troubles.

Thanks again everyone for your patience
Photo of Rachel

Rachel

• 692 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav - this problem has re occured. Please help urgently!!
Photo of Ray

Ray

• 374 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Worth the wait. It certainly simplifies printing. Thanks, Rav.
Photo of Angela

Angela

• 464 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Since the update and printing errors have happened my 30 templates are now all out of whack,
We used to be able to print over the margins for max space on the paper but now boxes are being cut off. Will this be a permanent change or will I be wasting my time changing all my templates? 
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 85,058 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Angela,

Have popped a reply on your other thread on this.
Photo of Kylie Austin

Kylie Austin

• 228 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have had the same issue Angela, Rav can you point me in the direction of this answer
Photo of Rachel

Rachel

Hi Rav - this problem has re occured. Please help urgently!!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 86,628 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm really sorry to hear that Rachel!

I've just checked with our support folks and they'll need to identify the session host you're logged into now that you're experiencing a recurrence.

Can I please get you to give us our Hosted team a buzz as soon as possible. 
Photo of Paula

Paula

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav - this problem is not completed solved. We have had a few instances this morning where the print just does not happen (like yesterday), requiring the user to log off completely then logon again, which resolves the problem. Also we have some users where the print directs to the normal windows Print dialog box and some users where the print downloads the file to a pdf (and into their downloads folder) which they then have to open to print which is not ideal.  Can you confirm this is still being tidied up at your end. 
Photo of Val

Val

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello Rav

We have not been able to print. Same as yesterday. We are unable to print PAYE Schedules from the reports.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi guys,

I've just heard back from our Dev team around this,

While the issue is for the most part resolved, they've also found that a couple of session hosts are still causing some of the lingering print issues that a couple of you have reported in the last few minutes. 

The team are fixing these as they find them but require your session host ID that you're logged into when experiencing the problem. Our Hosted support team are able to identify this and directly report it to our Product Owner who is looking after this as we speak.
For anyone that is continuing to experience issues with printing, can I please ask that you get in touch with our Hosted support team ASAP.

Contact Us - New Zealand
Photo of Bill McClure

Bill McClure

We still cannot print invoices correctly - This is the end of year Reckon and it is costing us time and money !
Photo of jacqueline

jacqueline

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
are the margins out?
Photo of Val

Val

Jacqueline

I can't even get margins. :(
Photo of Val

Val

My observations are as follows:

TS005 - Prints
TS018 Prints
TS007 Redirected to 63 - Does not print
TS010 Redirected to 24 Prints
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi guys,

I'm really sorry about all this hassle you're having to go through. Unfortunately, it looks as though there are still some lingering issues. The Dev team are aware of it and are working on it still.

They have advised however that the process of exiting your file (File > Exit) then logging off the remote session in control panel and then logging out (Logout) may have some success.
The reason behind this process is to hopefully get you off the faulty session host which has had the print issue recur and on to a new session host.

Failing this however, we'll need you to get in touch with us so we can islolate your session host ID as my previous post above.

Again guys, I'm really sorry for all the frustration and inconvenience this is causing. It's definitely not the experience we want you all to go through at this crucial time of year. We're working on it but please do give us a buzz if you're affected.
(Edited)
Photo of Paula

Paula

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Rav are these issues appearing in the 2017 version? Should we expedite our upgrade?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Paula,

Unfortunately yes this is impacting our 2017 NZ Reckon Accounts Hosted version at the moment. 
Photo of Andrea Shaw

Andrea Shaw

• 60 Points
I am able to print invoices however the usual option to save an invoice as a pdf to my desktop is not coming up, is this the same issue? or has the process changed with the new version on how to save them externally? 
Photo of Bill McClure

Bill McClure

Same as me Reckon has been trying to fix for the last 4 days..Not good service
Photo of Ray

Ray

• 374 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
29/3 Printed ok all day, packed up tonight. Redirecting to 78 on TS001, then disappears.
Logged off, logged on, tried printing. Redirecting 35 on TS006.

30/3 Printed ok this morning - Redirect 2 on TS001
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Just another quick update from me,

The team worked late into the night on this one replacing an extremely large number of servers.

If you still experience the issue today, we'd be really keen on having a chat with you so please do give us a buzz.

I'd just like to thank you all for your patience once again while we've been trying to get this sorted.

Let me know how you get on today

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Rachel

Rachel

All is working fine for now - thanks Rav
Photo of Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant

Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 2,052 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav

I have had several clients with the problem this morning.  I have told them to log off remote sessions and try again.  i haven't heard anything so assuming no news is good news.  Will let you know if I hear anything,

Thanks
Photo of Toni Jamieson

Toni Jamieson, Accredited Partner

• 850 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Hi Rav

We were still having multiple issues this morning and even the log off remotes sessions a few times wasn't working, we were only able to fix the issue by doing this combined with refresh user about 3 times over.

Thanks

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks guys,

It seems a little better today but obviously still not close to where we want to be and are continuing work on a permanent resolution.
Photo of ian

ian

• 540 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Rav

We did have an issue with the printing process early this morning which we resolved by logging out and in again. We had to do this a number of times though before it would work for us. Surely but surely when upgrades like this are contemplated a serious set of tests would be done prior to going live. I recall the last upgrade with Reckon caused some real grief as well and I would have thought Reckon would have learnt from this issue.

On the positive side the printing process when it works is better than the previous version

Cheers

Ian
Photo of ian

ian

rav

Worked well apart from early this morning and it has just now gone on the blink and will not print. Can somebody help me please

Ian
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know Ian, and sorry to hear the problem has cropped up again for you

The support team have found a reasonable degree of success by logging out and ending the active remote session.

Here's an earlier post of mine which outlines the process, give it a try and see how you get on.

If you don't have any luck with that, please give us a buzz so we can track down your session host ID.
Photo of Carol M

Carol M

• 60 Points
Hi Rav
We shouldn't have to keep logging out and ending our session. Bad timing with month end (yet again). Ive been printing fine in the mornings (all week) but later in the afternoons it drops out. Then we have to PDF and download our invoices then print them out from downloads. Not ideal - should be sorted, has been over a week with this issue.
Thank you
Carol
Photo of ian

ian

Rav

The issue with this printing is continuing. Connection was just terminated not by me and I have since logged in twice and still cant print. This is beyond a joke now. I notice Xerox has just signed up its millionth customer would now be a million and one if I had my way

Ian
Photo of Bill McClure

Bill McClure

We have the same issue for the past 10 days and have been a loyal 21 year user but considering changing to another account platform. I would have thought that the program developer would have tested before going live.
Photo of ian

ian

Bill
My sentiments exactly and it is actions that speak louder then words. We are putting a proposal together to change to another supplier
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Bill and Ian,

Fully understand your frustration on this guys, the dev team are working very hard to determine the cause and get things back to normal and I apologise that it's taking us a little while to get there.

In regard to testing, let me make it clear this new release was indeed thoroughly tested and passed our Quality Assurance. Early release was made to our Accredited Partners and subsequently to the wider user base a few days later. The printing issue was not occurring at this stage until first reports came through a couple of days later.

The team are replacing the vast majority of session hosts each and every night in order to minimise impact as much as possible while we work toward a full and permanent solution.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Paula Thurnham

Paula Thurnham

• 60 Points
Rav, we have staff that work nights, While our day staff are not experiencing as many issues the guys at night cant log in and when they do they cant print at all. We're a bakery, most of our invoicing is done at night!
Photo of ian

ian

I have had enough. All the printing process goes fine all day. Just about to finish and it is not now working. 
We also have colleagues still working in 2016 edition at a completely different site who are having printing problems as well so it seems it is a bigger issue that the upgrade itself. Come on Reckon deliver the service that we have paid for

Ian
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

The team have been hard at work implementing and testing a new driver on one of the session hosts which is suffering from the print issue today. While the team were optimistic this would help resolve the problem, unfortunately, their testing has proven otherwise, and not given us the results we're all looking for.

Work is continuing and remains a priority. We definitely hear all your feedback, and I fully understand this experience is less than ideal for all of you. I'd just like to thank you all for being so patient with us and I apologise for the inconvenience & frustration.

I'll share more news on progress as soon as I can.

Thanks everyone,

Rav
Photo of Julie Mansell

Julie Mansell

• 60 Points
Any update on when this issue will be resolved
Photo of john.hunter

john.hunter

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Rav, this problem has been going on too long now, despite all your assurances, and despite being told about a week ago that the problem was fixed. What do we do to get someone's attention? Start billing you guys for all our downtime? You would have to listen if we did this collectively, or you could potentially start losing a lot of business if we put this out there in public media. Idle threats you may say but this is pathetic so something must be done
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi John,

As I've mentioned above, we definitely are listening and seeing all your feedback and be assured this issue has our full attention.

This issue was first resolved on March 27 but unfortunately recurred. This issue has been isolated to 5% of server session hosts. Testing on a potential permanent solution did not prove successful yesterday unfortunately, and the team is continuing to explore further remedial action.

I know it's not the most convenient but if you can please log out in full and end the active session via the Hosted control panel before logging back in it may provide some degree of success while we're working at things on our end.

I do sincerely apologise for the lengthy disruption and thank you for bearing with us.

Rav
Photo of Bill McClure

Bill McClure

We also have the same problem and today where getting pushed out all the time on line.  No printing of invoices still !  Your back end team needs to be fired !
Photo of john.hunter

john.hunter

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Rav, if it is only affecting 5% of server session hosts, then why are we all experiencing problems every day??? It should only be 5% of our total online time, NOT 95% !!  Your explanations don't stack up any longer. It sounds more as if you have had a fall-out with your server providers, or you haven't paid the bills and they are refusing to host your clients (US). The excuses have gone on long enough. In all my years of experience servers usually go down for a maximum of 2 or 3 days and then all is resolved. This is rubbish. Fix it 
Photo of nance.s

nance.s

• 1,172 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Still can't print.  No luck with logging out and back in.  No luck with clearing browser data and then logging back in.  When will this problem be fixed.  How are companies supposed to get their invoices out.
Photo of Eileen Voysey

Eileen Voysey

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Our printing has stopped this afternoon - Tuesday 11th around 3pm. Is this a result of a fix elsewhere? Without the ability to print our invoices your program is useless to us.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.