NZ Reckon Accounts Hosted - Unable to Print (27 March 2017)

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Hi everyone,

We are currently investigating printing issues affecting our New Zealand Reckon Accounts Hosted users.

When attempting to print you may see the "Trying to print report" message, however nothing occurs afters this.

I'd recommend clearing your browser caches and then ending the active session via the Hosted control panel and then retrying as a possible troubleshooting measure however early reports suggest this may not prove successful.

The Development team are looking into this issue with the utmost urgency this morning and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration caused.

I will update this thread with more information on progress as soon as possible.

Rav

LATEST UPDATE: 4:40pm NZST 12/4/2017 - CLICK HERE
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 86,882 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
  • Sad

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Paula

Paula

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, we are still having lots of problems, printing happily all day long then some users unable to print. Logging off and on does not fix any more. This is ridiculous.
Photo of IanC

IanC

• 328 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Rav,

This is not good. We have had not to many problems since the last fix, but now I am getting a Print error (1,0,0). I have logged out, and still no joy. I was printing fine 20 minutes ago.

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi guys,

The team will be testing a new potential solution today on an affected session host and hopefully that yields the results we're all looking for. I'll let you know the results of this as soon as I can.

I know this sounds basic and you're sick of me saying it but if you're experiencing these print issues, it's really important that you're logging out the correct way ie. not just closing your browser or browser tab.
  • While logged into Hosted use File > Exit
  • Check the Hosted control Panel for any active remote sessions under the 'Log Off Remote Sessions' area. The session you've just exited from should remove itself but you can end it immediately here also.
  • Once completed, logout (Logout option in the top right corner)
The issue is isolated to 5% of session hosts, and the reason we're recommending the above steps is to get you off one of the affected hosts and logged into a new functioning host. The chance of landing back on a faulty session host after logging out, while possible, is quite slim.

I fully appreciate that you shouldn't need to do any of the above and I do apologise for that.
I should have further news later today which I'll share with the thread.

Thanks everyone,

Rav
Photo of ian

ian

• 540 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I dont believe this. As regular as clockwork we loose the ability to print around this time in the day. 1600 hours. If you know its only 5% of the hosts causing the problem cant you get rid of the faulty hosts and move forward. This problem seems to be taking forever to resolve causing heaps of angst and lack of credibilty
Ian
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately testing of the updated files has not resolved the issue.

We will be working through this issue into the night and I will update you all on any further news/progress on that as soon as I can.

I fully appreciate how immensely frustrating this is, thank you all for bearing with us so far.

Rav
Photo of john.hunter

john.hunter

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
what is Reckon going to do to compensate for all the frustration and the loss of productive time? It makes us look like idiots where in fact it is your organisation who are a bunch of idiots
Photo of ian

ian

I recall in the correspondence on this issue that Reckon executive management need to be alerted to this problem. There appears to have been no response from Reckon other than Rav and what this would suggest to us is that they are either not aware of the problems we have been having or they wont front up advise us at their level as to what is happening with this issue and to re-establish some credibility with their customer base. This credibility has sure suffered over this week 

Cheers

Ian
Photo of Neil

Neil, Employee

• 1,966 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ian
I wanted to jump on as the product owner and provide a quick update.

Firstly I do want to reassure you that we are aware of the issue at a higher management level. We understand your frustration, and want to assure you we're very aware of the issue, it's severity and impact on productivity/workflow. We're focused on putting this right and getting the problem fixed permanently without risk of recurrence or impact to other areas of the program.

We've got another potential solution/fix which we're testing today which hopefully gives us the results we're all looking for and we'll keep you updated on this as soon as we have further information.

Regards
Neil
Photo of Ruth Porter

Ruth Porter

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Keyboard keeps not responding 2017.

Not only are we having issues with printing, but more frequently the keyboard is not reponding.  We will do one or two invoices and then the keyboard stops working and we have to exit right out and come back in.  This is becoming more than a pain.  We need action on these issues please.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi folks,

The team have worked on this issue overnight and have got their hands on a new potential solution to the print issue. This is currently in the process of testing as we speak and will be tested throughout the course of the day.

I'll keep you all posted on the progress of this and any further info as soon as I can.

I'd just like to apologise again for all the hassle and frustration you've gone through so far, as I've mentioned, we're hearing all of your feedback and we're working on putting things right.

More info to follow soon.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi again everyone,

We're making progress on this and will continue testing over the weekend to ensure viability and stability of the potential solution.

I'll keep you updated on this.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of ian

ian

Rav

I am sorry to say in spite of your work over the weekend it is the time of the day when without fail I lose the ability to print. And it has happened

How long is this going to continue for

To say I am fed up with it all is an overstatement really

Ian
Photo of Bill McClure

Bill McClure

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
RAV

WE STILL CANNOT PRINT INVOICES. WHEN CAN YOUR COMPANY FIX THIS?

IT HAS BEEN OVER 3 WEEKS ....

NO SOLUTIONS FROM RECKON.

Any one else having the same problem or is there a solution

Bill
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 86,608 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ian and Bill,
The team are formulating options and the move forward from here. I should have further information on this to share with you tomorrow.
Photo of Louise Mckenzie

Louise Mckenzie

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Hi Team I see you are trying to fix the printing. Can you let us know how it is going please. As I need to print some statements that I can not email out to people. It is now the 10th of April and I should have had my statements out a few days ago. The printing gets the point where it says it is printing to the TS001 then it finishes with the box asking if they printed off correctly but nothing. Can you let me know what is happening please thanks

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Louise,
Really sorry to hear you've been affected by this.

When you do encounter the print issue, can you please try logging off in full (check out my previous post here for the process), this will hopefully move you off the affected session host and on to a new one.

Unfortunately, testing on a number of fixes has not proven successful so far and we've reached the point now where our Dev team are evaluating the best move forward from here. I'm hoping to have further news on that later today or early tomorrow to share here.
Photo of ian

ian

Bill

What we have found is that when we do strike a problem with the printing we have to log off and back in again and generally that fixes things. It does seem to happen to us every day around 4.30
Am sure you have tried something like this

Rav

You should have been a politician. Your responses are full of promises but dont deliver much
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Haven't been making any promises whatsoever Ian, I'm simply trying to keep those following this thread and affected by this problem apprised of the current situation and what's being done to try rectify it.
Photo of Vanessa Jones

Vanessa Jones, Accredited Partner

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have not be able to print since this problem started what 3 weeks ago now.  It makes no difference how many times I log off and log back on I can still not print.  I have statements to send out and can't email them as some off my clients don't recognize the email address and delete it as spam. This is getting really embarrassing for Reckon and heads should roll for this.  Also March is the end of the financial year in NZ so you should NEVER try something new at his time of year.
Photo of Rachel

Rachel

• 692 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Printers dropped off again - has been doing so sporadically for three weeks now! Very very frustrating. I understand you are trying to come up with a solution but this is just ridiculous, and at such a busy time of year!
Photo of Tracy McGuigan

Tracy McGuigan

• 278 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have also had issues with my templates being all out of wack and I didn't notice until a client rang me and said she could not find the bank account number which was always at the bottom.  Since then I have had to double check my templates every time I do a new invoice as things keep moving on them - not actioned by me!!!

Also, this is the first time I haven't been able to print today. This morning was no problem but now nothing prints.  Tried all the suggestions and no go.
Photo of Tracy McGuigan

Tracy McGuigan

• 278 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Printing back up and running - thank you to the team behind the scenes.
I can now go home :) 
Photo of Sean Cresswell

Sean Cresswell

• 734 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Our users here have had stable printing for over a week now, so just thought I'd say thanks for fixing it. [works for us, at least]
Sound's like it's not back to "normal" for everyone yet, BUT, imagine that the skills of the development team are being tested thoroughly on this one.
{FYI: we all run Windows10 and the MS-Edge browser, with same Office365 & NOD32 Antivirus apps}
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

We've been extensively testing a permanent solution to the printing issue affecting a small number of sessions hosts over the course of the weekend and early this week.

Unfortunately, the findings of this testing have been inconclusive and ongoing, due to this we have made the decision to instead roll back to the previous printing process while we continue to explore our options for a permanent solution.

How did this happen?
The new Hosted 2017 version and its change in printing process was tested thoroughly prior to release by our Quality Assurance team. While the printing issue was not present at that time nor any reports recieved with early release to our Accredited Partners, a number of session hosts developed this problem shortly after wider release. We're continuing work on narrowing down the cause of the issue.

What does this mean for me?
The next time you log into Reckon Accounts Hosted, you will need to follow the former process of creating a print job and printing which was in place prior the new 2017 Hosted release.

Is there any impact to my file or data?
No, there are no changes being made to file servers in any way so your data will not be affected.

Is anything else affected?
The ability to copy and paste directly using keyboard shortcut commands will also revert to the former process. This means you will need to complete the copy and paste action via the 'Floating toolbar' when using Chrome.

Why didn't you make the decision to roll back sooner?
Hosted 2017's change in printing was intended to make the process simpler and quicker for users and has been a highly requested functionality change. As such, we attempted to address and rectify the problem affecting the new process itself in order to keep the new simplified process intact.
A number of potential solutions were extensively tested throughout the last couple of weeks however unfortunately the results were not to the standard we expect to give us confidence of a permanent resolution under the new process.
We fully appreciate the frustration and inconvenience affected users have had to put up with under this issue so far, and rather than prolonging this issue any further, the decision was made to roll back while we further explore solutions.

We'd like to sincerely apologise for all the frustration and inconvenience you've had to endure at such a crucial time of year. Our aim was to provide a new streamlined printing process to improve workflow and productivity, obviously it hasn't worked out in the manner intended and we'll be reviewing all aspects of this issue.

If you have further questions around any of the above, please let us know.
Photo of Jim Bowman

Jim Bowman

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have just browsed this blog and I haven't upgraded to 2017 yet but had these problems doing the March Invoices.  Normally do all mine at the end of the month so think I will make an early start to the April ones so hoping everything will work OK.  I need to upgrade to 2017 before 20th so fingers crossed!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.