Office 365 input is slow when Reckon Personal Plus is running

Liron Lightwood
Liron Lightwood Member Posts: 7
Whenever Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2019 is running, input into Excel and other Office 365 apps is slow.  For example, in Excel, when I click on a cell, it takes three seconds to register.  If I type text, it takes three seconds for the cursor to move and another few seconds for the text to appear, etc.  Similar problems with Word.  Other programs, such as my web browser, are not affected.  Neither is Personal Plus itself.

If I quit Reckon, Excel, Word etc. work fine.

Here are my software details:

Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2019 Release R1
Office 365 downloaded from the Microsoft Store, latest update (16050.11029.20079.0) and the update previous to that.
Windows 10 64 bit version 2018-09, fully up to date (Build 1773.134).

Comments

• Elizabeth Roberts
    Elizabeth Roberts Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018

I am having the same problem - I take a report from Reckon open in Excel then need to close reckon to have Excel work properly. I have Reckon 2018 R1.
  • Michael Holmes
    Michael Holmes Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I have exactly the same software but cannot replicate your issue i.e. Excel behaves normally. Like yours, all my software has been updated to the latest version.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2018
    Hi Liron,
    I've just a test on Reckon Personal Plus 2019 and Office 365 Word & Excel apps both locally installed and online and it worked as it normally would. 
    Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Have you noticed this behaviour starting since the install of Reckon Personal 2019 or more recent? ie. since a Office or Windows OS update?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Liron Lightwood
    Liron Lightwood Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2018
    There is another element required for this problem to occur.

Norton Security must be installed, and SONAR protection (part of Norton Security) must be enabled.  If SONAR protection is disabled (or automatic protection is disabled, which disables SONAR protection) then the problem goes away.

So all three pieces of software are required to be running (Reckon Accounts Personal Plus, Microsoft Excel or Word (or another Office program?), Norton Security with SONAR protection enabled) for the problem to occur.  If only two are running then the problem does not happen.
  • Simon Knight
    Simon Knight Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2019

I have Kaspersky anti Virus, Reckon Personal Plus 2013 and Office 365 on Windows 10. Word does not work properly while Reckon is running. If I shut down Reckon then it works.