One Step Update Refuses to Work.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi folks,
    Could you try updating your foreign currency downloads when you have a chance today and let me know how you get on please?

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• David Clayton
    David Clayton Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2016
    Rav, still not working.  I'm using PP2016 with Windows 10.  Last update (only 4 symbols) is showing as 12th March.  Stocks updated today but no change on currency date.
  • Peter Jenke
    Peter Jenke Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Rav, the currency update isn't working, but nor is my share price update - as previously outlined.
  • Hubrecht van Dalsen
    Hubrecht van Dalsen Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2016

Rav,

Still does not work. Looked at the 'historical rates' and the last automatic update on my system (of currencies which I have not manually changed in the meantime)  still shows as 19 Nov 1015. (Four months!)

Please keep on trying. This is quite frustrating for those who use multiple currencies.

• Hubrecht van Dalsen
    edited March 2016

PS. My share update does work. Please do not do anything to compromise that!

My system is PP2015 / W10.

Thanks.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for trying Peter.

In regard to your share price update issue, this does seem to be an isolated case and not widespread among other users.

The cause of your issue could most likely be attributed to the installation of the program or your computer set-up.

Let's try a clean uninstall of all your previous Reckon Accounts Personal components and then a clean reinstallation which is outlined in this KB article -
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4333

I'd recommend a 3rd party program such as Revo Uninstaller to perform this task.

Once completed, please reinstall the program using the special installer ISsetup.exe which you'll find in CD:\HAB\DISK1

Look forward to hearing from you

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    edited February 2017
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for trying and I apologise for the extended delay you've all had to put up with.

I hope to have another update from the IT folks soon to share with you all.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Rav

• Ross_Aitken
    Ross_Aitken Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Rav,

My currencies updated today.

• Ross_Aitken
    Ross_Aitken Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I am using PP2016 / W10
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Great to hear Ross!

Thank you so much for your patience.

The fix has been deployed by the Dev team which should resolve this issue in full.

Cheers
    Rav

• Rav
    edited February 2017
    Hi everyone,
    I am very happy to report that I have received confirmation of the currency download fix being deployed and is now working.

Please update your currencies and let me know if you encounter any further issues.

Thank you all for your patience.

Cheers
    Rav

• Hubrecht van Dalsen
    edited March 2016

Rav

I just tried (22 Mar 2pm aedt) and my does not. I think we need to hear from a few users before we declare this solved.

I can see all the historical rates are still on 19 November 2015, the last time they updated. I made no changes to my settings or setup.

Anything I should check to try?

PP 2015 / W10.

Hubie

• allan smith
    allan smith Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2016
    I use Quicken Personal Plus 2015 R1  and the currency update worked today!

• Hubrecht van Dalsen
    edited February 2017

I'd appreciate any pointers please Rav or other users. 2015 / W10.

I tried running as admin, and also compatiblity mode - W7, no difference.

I checked that "download currency exchange rates" box is ticked under the one step update.

I made no changes to my setup since it last worked.

Any help or ideas much appreciated.

Cheers H

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Sorry to hear you're still having issues with your currency download Hubrecht.

Exit your file in full (File > Exit), restart and then try downloading only ???the currency rates ie. untick the stock download option.

Let me know if there's any success (or not)

Cheers
    Rav

• Hubrecht van Dalsen
    edited March 2016

Thanks for trying. Unfortunately, it did not work.

I am going to un / reinstall and see if it works.

• Hubrecht van Dalsen
    edited March 2016

No luck. Un / reinstalled twice.

Other ideas?

• Karen_118831
    Karen_118831 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I'm using PP 2016 R1 on Win10. Currency update is now working for me. Is there any way to automatically back-fill the history? Or will I have to enter that manually?
  • Peter Dickson
    Peter Dickson Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Rav I am still having the same problem with the share prices. I do not use the currency updates, but they seem to be fine. I am getting the error message that the software does not recognise the securities, despite the tickers being correct. I have also uninstalled and re-installed without success. There does seem to be a small group of users using Windows 10 and PP2016 active on this thread who are having the same problem. Could you please let us know what Reckon is suggesting for these users? Regards Peter Dickson
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Peter,

Can you please ensure that your security entries have the correct asset class and exchange parameter?

Below is a example

Let me know

Cheers
    Rav

• Peter Dickson
    edited July 2016
    Hi Rav. I have just checked. As it happens I have some CBA and Security Details are an exact match. Regards Peter
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for getting back to me Peter.

Do you get the same result if you attempt to update just the share prices only?
    Ie. untick the foreign currency download option 

Let me know

Cheers
    Rav

• Peter Dickson
    edited July 2016
    'Fraid so Rav - still the same error message: securities not recognised. Regards
  • Hubrecht van Dalsen
    edited March 2016

Rav

Please some ideas on the currency updates still not working for at least some of us. Made no changes, used to work. Reinstalled, played with ticking and unticking the boxes, all you suggested.

Please keep on trying to solve this for me. It worked fine until late Nov when something was changed on your end.  2015/ W10.

Thank you.

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hubrecht,
    A couple more suggestions,

Open the Currency List from Tools > Currency List. Select 'Update Rates' in the top right corner. Do your rates update from this method?

If not, then let's eliminate any potential conflicts from other programs or processes.

Close all programs then log in as the built-in administrator and start your computer in Selective Startup/Safe Mode.
    INFO - http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5349

Open Personal Plus 2015 and attempt to update your currency rates in this mode.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Peter, the second point of the post above can also apply in your case of security downloads.

Please give it a try and let me know.

Cheers
    Rav

• Hubrecht van Dalsen
    edited March 2016

Rav

Thanks for trying.

I have tried updating from the currency list several times over the past days - no suscess.

The second method (BTW, the user must choose safe boot WIITH network, for obvious reasons) fails. Once I start Reckon within safe mode, it thinks it is on a different computer, and wants to verify the license online. I tried, but it failed - could not verify license. Once I restarted in normal mode, it started up fine, but still no currency updates.

What programs can it possibly conflict with? I have noticed that Reckon and IE11 does not like each other. If R is open, and I then open an IE11 page, it fails with runtime errors. Ideas?

H

• Peter Dickson
    edited July 2016
    Hi Rav Thanks once again for trying. Unfortunately, still no luck. In safe mode, Reckon will not open - the error message is along the lines that another software licence is required as the software is not on the computer for which it was purchased. This is not correct and Reckon runs with Windows 10 in normal mode. Any further thoughts? Regards Peter
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hey guys,
    Sorry I should have foreseen that, please go on ahead and activate through the internet option while in Safe Mode and try it out.

Cheers
    Rav

• Hubrecht van Dalsen
    edited March 2016

See my comment above in detail. Even with the network on in safe mode - it fails to verify the license, and closes the program. One therefore cannot test for downloading in safe mode, as you cannot get the program to open. Does that make sense?

• Peter Dickson
    edited July 2016
    Hi Rav. I appear to be having exactly the same problem as Hubrecht. Regards
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi folks,

Thanks for trying, last suggestion before I have a chat with the Product Owner in relation to your continued issues is to start Windows 10 in Selective Startup Mode.
    Access this by selecting the System Configuration app in Windows 10 (type System Configuration in the Start Menu screen).

INFO - http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4819 

Let me know when you can

Cheers
    Rav

• David Clayton
    David Clayton Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2016
    Rav, I'm running Personal Plus 2016 on Windows 10 and am now able to update currencies.

David
  • Hubrecht van Dalsen
    edited February 2017
    Rav

Please take a minute to read this carefully.

I have upgraded to PP2016 at $185 in the hope that that somehow solves the problem. It did not.

Here is what we know:

1. I am now on PP2016 / W10.

2. Stock prices DO update (as it did with PP2015). So I doubt very much that program incompatibility or anything along those lines will get us anywhere. Surely, if there is some incompatibility,  the program would not update the share prices? This is something else.  

3. My system updated both share prices and FX rates without problems, until about 19 November 2015 when clearly something was changed on your end, causing all of us not to be able to update FX.

4. Your fix has sorted out some users - BUT NOT ALL.

Please keep working at it, as despite having just spent $185 I still cannot update FX.

I appreciate your help. 

• Peter Dickson
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for this Rav. I will not be able to run in Selective Start up Mode until tomorrow and will come back to you then. Regards Peter until tomorrow
  • Peter Jenke
    Peter Jenke Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Rav, hi. I spent considerable time over Easter contemplating whether to do a clean install. I had previously used Revo Uninstaller (successfully) when I had an issue with Home Inventory and last week tried (unsuccessfully in terms of the fix) to uninstall using Windows 10 and reinstalling. I gave myself quite a scare because I initially lost all my price history but somehow (I really don't know how) I managed to link up with the correct .qhi file. Now when I contemplate deleting the (really large number of) assorted Quicken and Reckon files located in various locations (again I have been using Quicken/Reckon for 20+ years with Lord knows how many different computers), the prospect of deleting all of these files scares me witless. Reckon is simply too important to me to risk losing its info. I did manage to copy most (if not all) of these files onto my backup HDD. In the end I simply chickened out and decided I'd rather live with the workaround for the share prices and do without the currency updates totally - unless you can convince me to go for it. Cheers Peter J
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hubrecht,

I've had a chat with a few folks in relation to the currency download issue you're still experiencing. From all accounts, there shouldn't be any reason why the problem is still persisting so it's quite the mystery.

One suggestion that has come through is to attempt the currency download in the sample file or a different file and advise if the problem remains.

The next suggestion is to ensure all currency codes are correct. If for any reason the codes have been altered or corrupted this could be the cause of the issue.

Let me know

Cheers
    Rav

• Hubrecht van Dalsen
    edited April 2016
    Rav

Thanks. Both useful suggestions. I tried to open the sample file, but clearly it points to the wrong place. I am now PP 16, and the sample file is not stored where the program still thinks it is.

Where is the sample file now stored?

I will check the codes.

H

• Hubrecht van Dalsen
    edited April 2016

Rav,

I think I found it - the pointer built into the program will not find the sample files, something you will want to fix anyway. On my system, Reckon Acc stored the sample file under C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Sample.

Note ProgramDATA, not ProgramFiles.

Here is another problem - even if I point Reckon to open (File / open) to the right place (program data) , it still wants to open the one in (program files), which does not exist.

I then get the exact same error box I sent above.

I am now going to copy / paste the sample files and see if I can open them.

H
  • Hubrecht van Dalsen
    edited April 2016
    Opened sample1 after copying all the sample files to another location and directly opening them.

I can update security prices in the sample file - BUT NOT EXCHANGE RATES!

Perplexing.

Thanks for you continued interest and help. There must a solution. What about some registry setting to be reset, a re-install if that would help, etc?

My main data file works well, validated, and super-validated, all good, EXCEPT FX. (Which did work until the problem late last year.)

H
This discussion has been closed.