Online Banking Centre: From Bank (recover deleted file?)

Options
Accounts NZ
Accounts NZ Member Posts: 33
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Kia ora!

I'm using Reckon Accounts Plus 2018, and I am new to Reckon. I have been trying to reconcile, the bank statement and accidentally deleted the account data in the Online Banking Centre, From "Bank section", that shows up with the yellow highlighted line. I can still see the account in "Accounts Configured for Online Access," but I am wondering can I add the bank account back under the "From Bank" section?

When I go to import my bank statement, to match the transactions, the "fast statement" no longer pops up.

I have a back up file of Reckon which I have thought about restoring to, but I am a little worried about doing this, and the risk of losing data.

Any ideas on how to add the bank account back under the "From Bank" section? Would I have  lost previously imported statements or data by deleting it accidentally?

Thank you so much for any advice!

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Kia Ora

If it is anything like the Aus. program the answer is no, once deleted the transactions can't be got back.  Best option is to get the bank transactions for the dates and do manually, then go back to bringing in the bank feed for anything after the deleted range.
  • Accounts NZ
    Accounts NZ Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thank you! I ended up restoring the backup, but saving it to a new file, so as not to overwrite the old file in case any errors occurred in loading the backup. I managed to get the bank account back in the "From Bank" section that way, and just re-entered the data I had previously input on the register.