Online version of personal accounting

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hi.  I am a long term user of Reckon Personal Accounts and am due to upgrade shortly.  I was wondering if there is a personal version of Reckon One.  Or more importantly an online version of the personal range.

I would prefer an online version as these days I use multiple machines include several laptops, an android tablet and an iphone.

I have seen plenty of packages by others but would prefer to stay with the Reckon brand and migrate my old data.

Also, while I am at it, can anyone help me with a different issue which is setting my budget to be fortnightly.

Regards
Photo of Davin Slade

Davin Slade

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 51,496 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Are you referring to Reckon Petsonal? Then the answer is no
Photo of Davin Slade

Davin Slade

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes I was referring to Reckon Personal.  That is a pity.  Thanks for the feedback.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,244 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Davin,

Not as yet but I believe we may look at introducing some of the functionality from the Personal Range into Reckon One for users to take advantage of the benefits the cloud platform provides, this is however much more on the longer term in terms of timeframe.
(Edited)
Photo of Allan Hamblin

Allan Hamblin

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
There must be a way to access your desktop QB from other machines/places if you were to leave it running. What about a home server - would that work / be necessary?  
Photo of Kevin Russell

Allan theres plenty of ways yes.
Photo of Allan Hamblin

Allan Hamblin

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Care to elaborate. Which do you suggest?
Photo of Kevin Russell

Not here I wont. I dont want to get into trouble. Email me kevin@zappy.com.au
Photo of Kevin Russell

Delighted to be of assistance. Its what I do. Im still using Quicken 2004 for my stuff. Kevin t:0407744914
Photo of Jason Hollis

Jason Hollis, Head of Product

• 10,208 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi David, 

We can migrate data from Personal Desktop to Reckon One. However we need to understand what functionality you require, so please email Rav our community manager at community@reckon.com Attention Jason Hollis; include your contact details and I'll get in touch with you regarding options.  
Photo of Johnathon Reeves

Johnathon Reeves

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jason, any chance Reckon is working on a cloud based platform for personal finances?  It is really about time don't you think?
Photo of Jason Hollis

Jason Hollis, Head of Product

• 10,208 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Johnathon. Great question.

In short 1. yes we are, and 2. we do have an applicable tool right now for the low-touch personal user.

In detail... We have actively been planning 'personal' type functionality for the Reckon One core module ($5/mth) over the last few weeks. To add to the personal chart of accounts we included a while back, we want to include classification (tag) tracking at the line level, dashboard reporting, alerts, and bulk updates of data for fixing mistakes .

On top of this, we released new functionality last month to enable the ability to mix n' match income accounts and expense accounts as well as positive and negative amounts on the same transaction. We also added document attachment to purchase transactions in late December. These 2 features are something Reckon desktop personal has always been able to do.

Our customer research is telling us there are 2 types of customers for personal > those who simply want to track their income and expenses with a bank feed, and maybe a budget plus some reporting. You can get that now in Reckon One for $10/mth (core + bank feeds).

The second customer, and these make up a lot of our desktop personal users, want a share registry and less so, the ability to track rental properties income/expenses/depreciation. They also want customisable / configurable reporting tools and dashboards, as well as access via a smart phone or tablet. 

Whilst desktop personal still has a very strong user base, we realise that all of the benefits of the cloud (automated bank feeds, dedicated mobile app, access anywhere etc...) are just as applicable for personal users, and that is what we are designing for in all new iterations of Reckon One. That is.. are what we are building applicable to businesses, accountants, bookkeepers, and personal users? We try and answer YES to all 4 where we can to help prioritise work. 

We then of course need to look at the 'personal only' type functionality such as a share registry which gets a little more complex, but has to be done if we want to satisfy a high percentage of current desktop users in a cloud world. 

I hope that helps clarify our thinking, 
Jason
Photo of Tony C

Tony C

• 70 Points
Reckon One seems like a great product.  I would like to migrate data from Reckon Personal Accounts.  Can I?  If I have to re-key data, I may as well shop around for alternatives, yes?