Why is the Opening Balance incorrect in reconciliation window.

charlotte_6653940
charlotte_6653940 Member Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have an incorrect opening balance in the reconciliation window - it is showing as $0. This is my first reconciliation for this bank account. I have the correct amount in opening balance equity in the register but for some reason it is not flowing through to reconciliation window.

Comments

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Hi Charlotte and welcome to the Community!

You may have entered your opening balance incorrectly. You may have added a bank account during the EasyStep Interview, or you may have created a bank or credit card account at any time after the interview.

If you have never reconciled your account, you can change the opening balance. 

Steps on how to change the opening balance:
    1) Go to the Lists menu and click Chart of Accounts.
    2) Double-click the account.
    3) Find the account's opening balance transaction in the register (usually the first one).
    or 
    Look for Opening Bal Equity in the Account field of the register.
    4) If you're changing your Reckon Accounts start date, change the date of the opening balance to that date.
    5) Change the amount to the correct opening balance.
    6) Click Record.

-Alex
  • charlotte_6653940
    edited February 2014
    Hey Alex, thanks for the reply. I've tried they above but the reconciliation window still has $0. Its like it isn't flowing through for some reason?
  • Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Hi Charlotte,

Just seeing if you are still experiencing this issue?
    If so please try this out and let me know how it goes!

In Reckon Accounts, go to your Home screen, click Reconcile, find that 1 amount that you entered as Opening Balance Equity and reconcile that 1 amount.

The beginning/opening balance should now be the correct figure.

-Alex
  • Sharyn_7402664
    Sharyn_7402664 Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2015
    Hi I'm having the same problem - was there a fix for this?
  • Leanne_7663246
    Leanne_7663246 Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Hi 
    I am also experiencing this problem. I set up the bank account and at the time didn't have the opening balance. I have gone back and followed the above steps to enter the opening balance. This is the first time I have reconciled and each time I try it has $0 as the opening balance. I am keen to know if anyone found a solution.
  • charlotte_6653940
    edited August 2015
    Hi Leanne, it was a while ago that i has this issue. I think from memory i had to reconcile $0 using a earlier date (eg 30/06/15 assuming you are reconciling for the new f/y) and then reconcile again once i had done the above steps. I hope this works for you.