Our business has Reckon Accounts Plus 2019, how can I change to hosted/Online so that ou accountant can access it as well?

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
Photo of Roland Nitch

Roland Nitch

• 70 Points

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

• 11,370 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Sign up and pay the yearly subscription (around 650 I think) and then backup your file and upload to Hosted
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 57,924 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Changing to hosted just so your accountant can get access is very poor reasoning. Unless you have a compelling business case, just let him pay for TeamViewer and he can get access for the six hours a year he needs to. Hosted is not for everyone and you need very good internet infrastructure to make it work properly. I've been using it for decades but Geelong has the best internet in the nation. Call me if you wish to discuss 0407744914
(Edited)
Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

• 11,370 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I agree with Kevin, I believe accountants should accommodate the client not the other way around, and if that was your only reason I definitely would not sign up
Photo of Kevin Russell

I agree with me too. It's a pretty silly idea. Accountants can be quite lazy and short on thinking
Photo of Jeff Parker

Jeff Parker

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The approach I use with my accountant is to create a Portable file when he wants it and put it up on OneDrive for him to download. He then does that the other way around when he's done and I download and restore it into my desktop version. Works well.

I'm not at all attracted to the cloud subscription solution (mainly becuase you need an internet connect to use it, and that isn't always possible). It also pisses me off that Reckon has been steadily increasing the annual fee (Advantage program) and also limiting access to old databases.

All this is to try and force customers onto the cloud subscription product and creating a gauranteed source of ongoing revenue for them. This is most worrying for when one day, for example, you sell your business and just need access to the datafile for historical purposes, and you can't! That is a crap situation.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Jeff mate, if you switch to Xero youll have bigger problems. Or QuickBooks online. But whateva. I suppose you could go back to manual ledgers. Good luck
(Edited)