Our business has Reckon Accounts Plus 2019, how can I change to hosted/Online so that ou accountant

Roland Nitch
Roland Nitch Member Posts: 1
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    Sign up and pay the yearly subscription (around 650 I think) and then backup your file and upload to Hosted
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited June 2020
    I agree with Kevin, I believe accountants should accommodate the client not the other way around, and if that was your only reason I definitely would not sign up
  • Jeff Parker
    Jeff Parker Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2020
    The approach I use with my accountant is to create a Portable file when he wants it and put it up on OneDrive for him to download. He then does that the other way around when he's done and I download and restore it into my desktop version. Works well.

I'm not at all attracted to the cloud subscription solution (mainly becuase you need an internet connect to use it, and that isn't always possible). It also pisses me off that Reckon has been steadily increasing the annual fee (Advantage program) and also limiting access to old databases.

All this is to try and force customers onto the cloud subscription product and creating a gauranteed source of ongoing revenue for them. This is most worrying for when one day, for example, you sell your business and just need access to the datafile for historical purposes, and you can't! That is a crap situation.