Outage

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Are there any problems with Reckon Hosted this morning? I had about 4 outages between 6:30am and 7:30am this morning and now at 10:45am it's stuck on searching on the grey screen.
Photo of Con

Con

• 436 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Barbara.Karl

Barbara.Karl

• 528 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I was also having this problem... decided to restart my machine and could log in now... however I get this message when I log in
Photo of Barbara.Karl

Barbara.Karl

Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

• 2,872 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Also having problems, mine seems to be thinking for a very long period.  I have logged out from the control panel, cleared browsing history and logged back in.  Still has the timer and nothing else showing!
Photo of Con

Con

I just received that message. I've been using this computer for a while and haven't touched the firewall.
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Yes I have the same message now!  I have clicked ok and now waiting to see it the company file will open.
(Edited)
Photo of Wendy

Wendy

• 500 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have been trying to login for the past hour. Still no joy
Photo of Barbara.Karl

Barbara.Karl

I am on the line to technical support... may be an issue at their end not ours
Photo of Con

Con

I'm also on the phone, on hold, with technical support.
Photo of Barbara.Karl

Barbara.Karl

We have reviewed with both Chrome and Explorer... still no joy
Photo of Barbara.Karl

Barbara.Karl

Just checking with those who are having the problem...is your server RAH-FSS-13-AP2A? check on the firewall message
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Have been off for the last two hours hoping it would be fixed soon, just tried again and still have the problem with the server you are mentioning.  Can't they assign us a different server? :-(
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Everyone,

This problem is being reported by a small number of users, and it may be related to a particular server.  We're investigating. 

In the meantime, Close your current attempt and on the Desktop go to Control Panel > Log Off Remote Sessions, and log off your session.  Logout of the Desktop and wait 15 minutes before logging in again.  You should now be assigned to a different server and the problem by-passed.  

We are sorry for the inconvenience this is causing and we will keep you in touch.

regards,
John.
Photo of Wendy

Wendy

Have logged off, turned computer off, waited 15 minutes and still get the same response. This has been going on for over an hour.
Photo of Vanessa Lander

Vanessa Lander

• 580 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi John, having been doing the same for hours now looks like Im not the only one this has been doing it since 9am this morning
Photo of Jamie Stewart

Jamie Stewart

• 292 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have just got off the phone to technical support.  It is a problem their end and they are trying to fix it.
Photo of John G

Hi Wendy,

thanks for trying and feeding back to us.  We've passed your experience up to our Hosted IT team who are working on this issue.

Thank you for your patience. 

regards,
John
Photo of Barbara.Karl

Barbara.Karl

If you do manage to get a bit closer, and it tells you "the company file needs updating" DON'T... the problem is not fixed
Photo of VM

VM

• 416 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi John, what's the latest status with this issue?  Have Hosted IT any updated estimate when it will be fixed?

Photo of Wendy

Wendy

Great, another 3 hours lost in productivity. Any chance of Reckon recompensing their customers?
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Even Telstra compensate.
Photo of John G

Hi Wendy, Barbara, VM and everyone,

Thank you for your patience over this issue.  Hosted IT are still working on the issue and we hope to have a resolution soon.  

regards,
John
Photo of Darren Dalton

Darren Dalton

• 60 Points
Hi 

I haven't  been able to log on all morning, any idea when this will be fixed??

Tracey
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

An eta would be great I have customers waiting!
Photo of Wendy

Wendy

I have always recommended Reckon to clients. However since going to the cloud, I am not convinced they can keep up with other software providers. Such a pity
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

I have been using Reckon products for 16 years and have totally lost faith that they care for their customers, this happens far too much.  Whilst I am waiting I have time to download and test drive some other accounting programs.
Photo of Wendy

Wendy

Sadly Kerrie I agree.
Photo of Jamie Stewart

Jamie Stewart

• 292 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I've used Reckon Hosted for a couple of years now.  This is the only real issue I've experienced so I'm not going to shoot them dead just yet.
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

I just got in.
Photo of Vanessa Lander

Vanessa Lander

• 580 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thank you - so did I
Photo of Wendy

Wendy

Yep - also back in
Photo of John G

Thanks for your patience Everyone.

A fix has now been put in place and tested successfully, so you should now be able to access your files without difficulty.

Our apologies for the inconvenience this issue has caused you today.

regards,
John.
Photo of Con

Con

Thanks John; now we have to make up the 4 hours+ we lost today. Won't be able to watch MKR tonight because I have to make up for the lost time.
Photo of Wendy

Wendy

Who is going to reimburse me for the time I spent on Reckon this morning, when it died, and I lost at least 2 hours of work, unbillable to my client? Appreciate problems happen, but his is becoming all to familiar.