Outlook 2013 Email Send Allow / Deny Prompt

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
My client is using  Accounts Premier Professional Services Edition 2016 and Outlook 2013 (on-premise) on a Windows 7 pro machine.

All was working prefectly until the client updated to Quickbooks 2016.

Now he is getting the Outlook Msg "A Program is trying to email an email on your behalf, Click Allow / Deny etc"

I have followed the community suggestions listed below, but the error still remains, any ideas ? I have tried the following:
  1. Runing both Outlook & Quickbooks as ADMIN
  2. Changing the Outlook Trust Centre Programatic Access to NEVER WARN
  3. Ensuring that Outlook is the Default email client
  4. Uncheck the "Display each email when sending more than one" box (already unchecked)
  5. Ensured that our AV is running and up-to-date (Sophos)
Thx,

Wayne
Grafton Australia
Photo of pilotpak

pilotpak

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Wayne, 

Thanks for asking.

Please review this Microsoft support article in light of all the steps you have already taken.  If the problem persists then Repair your Reckon Accounts installation through Programs & Features.  

regards,
John 
Photo of pilotpak

pilotpak

Thanks John.  I have checked the above Microsoft support article and it offers nothing more than I have already done. I also forgot to mention that 2 of my client's staff (they are the only staff that use RA), experience exactly the same issue, so I'll save the "repair" suggestion as a last resort.  One question, my client does use an advanced software firewall (Untangle), and it has email scanning disabled. However, I wonder if Untangle is doing anything special with emails that have attachments. I'd like to test generating an RA email that does not contain any attachment (client is not aware of any way to do this).

Do you know of some way in RA that I can generate an email that doesn't have an attachment so I can eliminate the firewall as being the cause of this issue ?
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Pilotpak,

All emails from RA will have attachments.

regards,
John.
Photo of pilotpak

pilotpak

OK Thanks. Will discuss with my client.