outlook 2016 warning popping up on every email sent

MBS
MBS Member Posts: 2
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We have just upgraded office to 365 (outlook 2016) and now the warning "
A program is trying to send an e-mail
message on your behalf. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify
your antivirus software is up-to-date."
Pops up whenever Reckon tries to send an email.  This was not happening with Outlook 2010.
We have tried changing the security settings in trust centre to not warn about suspicious activity, but that has not made any difference.  Any suggestions for this?

Recenly updated Reckon Accounts premier.

Comments

• Tony West
    Tony West Member Posts: 26
    edited August 2019
    Hi Tim.
    I have the same problem and spent hours trying to resolve it.
    This is an ongoing issue: Reckon accounts is not compatible with Office 365 in 64bit mode.
    Have a read of the link below from Steve Cook.
    Cheers Tony
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/people/steve_cook_6179230
  • Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Dont install Office 64bit. very simple.

I could post how Reckon could fix it, but they will not spend the money on the developers to do it........
  • Spilly
    edited August 2019
    I'd also like to add,  why install 64bit Office, are you landing a space ship with word?
  • Spilly
    edited August 2019
  • MBS
    MBS Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019
    64 bit is now the default that MS chooses for you.  Also you can't have 64 bit excel without all the rest of office being 64 bit too, so if you want a 64bit GIS package to integrate with excel properly you are stuck with 64 bit outlook that won't integrate with Reckon.
    Maybe Reckon will fix it after they get around to fixing the issue with pro timer not running on high resolution screens that was acknowledged about 10 years ago.
  • Spilly
    edited August 2019
    Yep I know that.

Reckon will never fix it, some of the file dates are from when they purchased the base code. They could say if it's not broken don't stuff with it. Well most of it is. Pay a year get nothing other than tax tables. Pay another you get STP, well if they didn't people would walk away.

These are not upgrades these updates are just so the application stay enough in the present. I walked away 2 years ago, still support some clients that don't wish to learn something else, played with SDK walked away nothing but zero support, I mean the company never updated 1 year.

Most USA developers walked away as if they could do and it was worth while, Intuit would either buy it, or write something close.

Download Intuit Desktop Version (check out the overhaul) Emailing from Outlook Mapi32 died way back when Reckon Purchased the code.

Step Down::..