Outlook problem

Options
Jonathan Bonilla
Jonathan Bonilla Member Posts: 17
hi, could you please help me, i have installed microsoft office 2013 on my pc windows 7. using reckon accounts premier 2015.
when im sending invoices i get this poping at the screen, how do i fix this? i have set Outlook as my default program, i have followed the 'deleting the qbprint.qbp files' but nothing seems to be working?image

Comments

• Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Jonathan,

Could you please try going to Edit > Preferences > Online > untick the box 'Display each email when sending more than one'. Then try sending another email.

I hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Luke.
  • Jonathan Bonilla
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi Luke, the box was unticked.... :/
  • Jonathan Bonilla
    edited December 2015
    Options
    any other thoughts?

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Have you got OUTLOOK running (as you are running Reckon) both at the same time,    and be sure that Outlook has sent/received all mail with nothing stuck in the OUTBOX of outlook as you start the invoicing process.

Gary

• Jonathan Bonilla
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yes Gary, both programs are running at the same time and outlook has nothing on the outbox neither...

• gazza73
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Jonathon

two ideas.....

When I see that message on Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1  running Reckon Accounts 2013 or 2015 R2,  I click on 'switch' and (which concludes the sending of the email) and click on the invoice (Save and NEW)  to move onto preparing the next invoice.

I assume you set ALLOW) to the question on the first (left example) screen question above,  PLUS I assume that the ALLOW/DENY question then never returns again....  just the 'SWITCH prompt?

Otherwise,  if the ALLOW/DENY is always coming up, then there is some security setting somewhere that is not being treated as a permanent preference from your answer.

other idea.....

I'm wondering if OUTLOOK has been set as your default EMAIL program as far as WINDOWS is concerned,  PLUS whether or not Reckon 2015 knows what your default email program is?   It is possible that those programs are waiting for some 'other' email program to be present.    I only mention this from the wording of your initial forum question,  where you mention you have 'installed Outlook 2013....'   implying that you've only just made that upgrade/change  .... but perhaps I misread your question in that regard.  If not,  then what was the PREVIOUS email program you were running on this same machine?  (name, year, version)

Gary
  • Jonathan Bonilla
    edited December 2015
    Options

Hello Gary, once I say allow, on the next email attempt it still pop up. no matter what I do.

I have set Outlook as my main default program on windows. Also I have been using outlook since the beginning of the purchase of this computer. I am not sure what security setting should I now do for this pop ups to disappear...

• gazza73
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Jonathon ...  I'm looking at this again now for you,  on a Win7 Pro 64-bit with RA Premier 2015 R2 and Outlook 2013.   So these are the same 3 products.   Outlook is my only email client, and is default,  and is RUNNING at the time of using RA.

It doesn't ask your deny/allow,  but DOES ask the 'SWITCH', and I click on the sent box of Outlook to see it sending out,  and then return to the invoice to SAVE & NEW, to move onto the next one, and so forth.

I guess I'd prefer not to see my SWITCH question to be honest,  but otherwise the main difference between us,  is that DENY/ALLOW question.

So, I'm referring to some Microsoft Office technical support tips at:
    https://support.office.com/en-US/article/I-get-warnings-about-a-program-accessing-email-address-info...

In particular the last part of that topic which suggests we look at OUTLOOK at:

Click the File tab.

Click Options.

Click Trust Center.

Click Trust Center Settings.

Click Programmatic Access.
    On my session, which is greyed out,  I observe the 1st DOT-BOX is applied.
    "Warn me about suspicious activity when my antivirus software is inactive or out-of-date (recommended)"

Jonathon,   my AV  is up-to-date, and so this trigger is not causing any deny/allow scenario.
    IN my case I run a preferred Anti Virus program,  perhaps not as well known as many on the market, but one that I am very comfrotabnle wth (I won't give them a sales pitch here),  but in your case,  just check that you have an AV and that it is up to date,  PLUS compare whether your OUTLOOK setting is set to the 2nd or 3rd DOT BOX by comparison which are:
     - Always warn me about suspicious activity
       OR
    - Never warn me about suspicious activity (not recommended).

I've yet to see why I can't change these settings, but perhaps some administrator rights or some other security feature has set them to my settings.

ALL THAT ASIDE,  depending on whether this comment helps,  I'd be starting to look at whether Outlook 2013 settings/permission/access rights and so forth, are comfortable with the RA 2015 Premier program taking control of composing an email.

Let's explore further ....
    DON'T APPLY what is mentioned in this article,
    because you are running the latest RA2015.
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/emailing_with_outlook_2013
    HOWEVER,  I'm curious about one aspect of the settings of OUTLOOK suggested there, which is this controversial point about setting programs to run as administraotr.  Many forum members would agree that such moves are not wise from a security point of view,  but have been necessary to get around combinations of really old versions of accounting, running on really new operating systems.

SIDELINE OBSERVATION

Johnathon.... You have the exact OPPOSITE combination of those facts,  but I'd still be curious if some setting has been bumped on, in that regard ('run as administrator')   or  ('run in compatibility').   I don't think either of those two are relevant to you,  but since you've been chasing down a variety of settings suggested before raising this forum question here,  I'm concerned these may have been adjusted, and therefore different to 

In my case,  I also run RA2013 R2  and PP2015  and RA Enterprise 2014 R2, all side by side, and all having to deal with Outlook 2013.     But I manage to enjoy all four products without adjusting Outlook 2013 for those two settings.

Let's continue to compare notes on this, or call 0408994799 if unclear.

Gary
  • Jonathan Bonilla
    edited February 2017
    Options

Interesting, it seems that everything is fine but nothing seems to be helpful to get rid of this office outlook warning message. I have updated my AV which was already running at its latest update, it only did few twicks, what else can we do?

• gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Jonathon - sorry, but would you mind helping with answers to all those points in my last submit to you.,  I want to compare every aspect of what is different in all the Outlook  PROPERTIES and TRUST CENTRE and so forth....
  • Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Jonathan,

We also have a knowledge base article for the pop up you're experiencing. It might be worth having a look at. See below:
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3945

Hope his helps.

Luke.

• Jonathan Bonilla
    edited December 2015
    Options

Sure, in regards to the trust centre, I have gone through it all and everything seems to be into place. I have also done the procedures for emailing with Reckon through Outlook.

checked the security parameters and they all are in orders, Reckon: has the box Unticked for the warning sings in options.

• gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Jonathon.   I'm losing track of your answers.  You still haven/t told me the exact status of the settings asked responses ago.    We risk missing something in this discussion.  I would like to know the exact setting you see.  Otherwise we have to make assumptions about what you are saying 'is in order'....   IE:  what trust centre setting is in fact dotted?  And is it greyed out?  and so forth....  (thanks in advance!)

Now you mention a "security parameters and they all are in orders, Reckon: has the box Unticked for the warning sings in options.".....   What is that aspect related to please?

Meantime, Luke has made some suggestions - so is your reply to him or me?

PLUS
    I've also located this tip for you that relates to the very first allow/deny screen that you pasted at the top of this forum thread.,   Check:
    http://www.msoutlook.info/question/883

Cheers

Gary
  • Jonathan Bonilla
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thanks look but the solutions that are listed in that article didnt work, i really dont know what its going on , also i cant export reports to excel...
  • gazza73
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Jonathon.

You've indicated at:
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/export-to-excel-2013-not-working?topic-reply-list%5Bsetti...
    that you have 'heaps of problems'.....  so I suggest it is time you sought some professional IT support on your system to get to the bottom of this, and the other problem.

Gary

• gazza73
    edited February 2017
    Options