Overdue appearing on all invoices

Brian Thomson
Brian Thomson Member Posts: 5
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Why is this put in default mode?
Why not make it an option that we can put in if we want to?
I now have to find out how to remove this and presumably do it all for each customer.
There has been no proper explanation on how to fix this.
I find it very frustrating that computer technicians expect us to immediately know how to adjust the program to suit our needs.

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Brian

I am presuming you mean the word overdue is appearing on all invoices printed/emailed or is it a stamp?

Do you have an invoice template that says "overdue" that you set up? 

The only default forms choice is under edit>preferences>Sales & Cust (company) and that is only for packing slips, pick lists, delivery notes.

If we are talking a template you have set up then the next invoice you do go to top RH corner under preview and chose a new template (not the overdue one), once this invoice is saved then the new template will be the default automatically.

** note: if you go back and amend this template and resave it will not be default, it has to be a new invoice saved for the first time.   Also if you have any that have been saved with overdue or a template you don't want then they will stay that template forever until manually changed before you resend them.

If this is not the problem then please supply more detailed information
  • Brian Thomson
    edited April 2019
    I am still confused.
    I have set up an invoice from the templates provided. I can't see where I can add a new template unless I copy one of the templates provided.
    I have also tried to find the place where to edit tems but I can't find that either.
    The help is no help.
  • Anton Strauss
    Anton Strauss Member Posts: 98
    edited April 2019
    to find terms setup

• DAR
    DAR Member Posts: 20
    edited June 2019
    Hi Brian, same issue here.

Is this part of the upgrade to 2019?

When sending out an invoice after the due date on the terms (i.e. invoice 1 Feb, due 20 March, sent 24 March), a large red OVERDUE is showing front and center on the invoice. Not ideal if resending an invoice.

We have customised invoice templates used.

Cheers

• DAR
    edited May 2019
    Brian, this may help.

Problem is as Anton mentions, it removes all other 'printing' options from the invoice, i.e. pending.

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/i-dont-want-the-overdue-stamp-printed-but-i-do-want-the-pending-stamp-printed-how-do-i-fix-this
  • Kylie Davenport Culton
    Kylie Davenport Culton Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    If you do not want Overdue Stamp to show on print or email go to Customise and under Company & Transaction Information un tick Print Status Stamp.
  • Anton Strauss
    edited June 2020
    the issue is about the presentation of the overdue stamp, it is not transparent as it should be and as a result blocks important invoice details and it is too large, as if shouting at your customer, HEY PAY ME RIGHT NOW, OR I COME AND THUMP YOU
  • Austcoast Embroidery Bennett
    Austcoast Embroidery Bennett Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2019
    I have just updated to 2019 and now have this overdue stamp appearing, I have never had the box ticked in the print status stamp in my templates.  Obviously this is an error on reckons part as is the MAPI email error also only started since I updated to 2019.  Not Happy
  • JFederico
    JFederico Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2019
    I found by setting the payment terms on each invoice to say “net 100” it doesn’t show the overdue stamp . Just unselect print terms on your template too and the customer won’t see it. Really annoying but it works.
    edited May 2019
    Hi Austcoast

follow instruction above how/where to untick the print options on invoices.  You may never have turned it on, but it may now be something that is ticked automatically in an upgrade from 2019 on.
  • Melissa_7641414
    Melissa_7641414 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019
    I was having the same problem and this worked for me. Thanks Kylie.
  • Kim Maddison
    Kim Maddison Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019
    After upgrading Reckon today, all our invoices which have not yet received payment have automatically been marked as OVERDUE regardless of the terms.  I have gone in and amended the invoice template but this has not changed the individual invoices, of which there are many.  How can this be adjusted and why is it there as a default?

• Kim Maddison
    Kim Maddison Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019
    How do I untick  the Overdue stamp on individual invoices - this is going to take ages?  I have already unticked the stamp on the template but it has not affected individual invoices
  • Alana Edwards
    Alana Edwards Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2019
    I unticked the print status stamp on the template also, but it made no difference.  The big OVERDUE is a bit much and my customers aren't impressed.  You shouldn't have to go into each customer and change their terms just to fix this issue.  It's only been since the update.
  • Anton Strauss
    edited June 2019
    I have added the due date option, so I can change that to any date without terms, such as 30 days from now and that solves the overdue stamp
  • Alana Edwards
    Alana Edwards Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2019
    My invoices are due, so I don't want to have a forward due date.  My issue is I email the invoices after the job is completed and is due for payment, however I don't want a dirty big OVERDUE that covers invoice details sent out to my customers.  I'm guessing since I'm emailing and not printing, unticking the print status stamp doesn't work?
  • Anton Strauss
    edited June 2019
    if you set the due date to the date of sending the invoice such as todays date, the overdue will not appear
  • DAR
    edited June 2019
    Hi Kim,

If you unticked the print option in the invoice template area it will still show 'Overdue' on the invoice on your screen. However when you print preview it won't be there.

Cheers
  • Brian Thomson
    edited July 2019
    Why have it there at all.
  • Kris Scott_10111248
    Kris Scott_10111248 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019

but what is this going to do to my statements etc. Not something we should be having to un do - they shouldn't have done it in the first place- seriously can they get one update without stuffing our files.
  • Sharyn Rees
    Sharyn Rees Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    I also am having an issue with this large red Overdue stamp appearing on all invoices generated regardless of the terms. I understand that I can go in and tick not to print status stamp - however, when an invoice is paid, I like it to be printed - now I have to go in on each invoice to check that the invoice will print out with the paid stamp or without the overdue stamp. This is plain annoying - it should be an option. Why does it say overdue on invoices where terms are end of next month?
  • Sharyn Rees
    Sharyn Rees Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    I have found that on the screen the overdue appears, but if you open the PDF which is generated when you email the invoice it does not appear if you have unchecked print status stamp. Hope this helps
  • Tania_10126273
    Tania_10126273 Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2019
    It doesn't save, it reverts back to standard every SINGLE time no matter what I do!!! Every time i do an invoice I have to manually change it back to my preferred!
    Also every inv has the overdue stamp on it no matter what I do. I have changed the customer terms, inactivated all else except 30 days, shut down and restarted.....I agree with Brian...this help in NO HELP.

• Tania_10126273
    edited September 2019
    I've just gone into templates and made EVERY SINGLE ONE innactive except for my template. This has fixed which one is the default as there is only one for this stupid system to choose from. HOWEVER....still getting OVERDUE stamp across inv. Damm you RECKON to hell!!!

edited July 2019
    If the invoice is paid, it is no longer overdue therefore overdue stamp should not be an issue.
  • Tania_10126273
    edited July 2019

The invoices are not paid that's the whole point!! The stamp is there even if the invoice is a day old.
    edited July 2019
    Hi Tania

My comment was in reply to Sharyn who said the invoices were paid.
  • robert archibald
    robert archibald Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Sharyn this alleviates the SNAFU created by Reckon without fixing it.
    I did like the PAID over stamp on the invoices when I sent out receipts.
    Now I use the Terms box for the payment status
  • robert archibald
    robert archibald Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    I sent an email to Reckon regarding this issue - no reply
    Seems like Reckon is being upgraded by software engineers without consuting with businesses 
    The time I spent on this I won't get back!
  • luc Nguyen
    luc Nguyen Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2020
    With our machines the problem was in the terms list.
    The 30 day terms we set did not migrate over.
    We had to reset the terms in the terms list and then go through and set the terms on all existing invoices. 
    We are talking thousands of invoice. not just a few.
    My guess is that before 30days was the default setting for all our terms and now the new update refers to each customers terms found in the additional info on their customer profile.....