Overtime not calculating correctly

Mark_9714551
Mark_9714551 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2018 in Reckon One
I have just installed reckon one and the payroll module. I have had to create pay items to cope with casual loadings of 25% and 75%. I am using the overtime category with multipliers of 1.25 and 1.75 respectively. When i add these to an employees pay, it calculates consistently at a multiple of 1. I tried multiples of 0.25 and 0.75 also and same result.
I must be doing something wrong??

Comments

• Miranda Narducci
    Miranda Narducci Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2018
    Check the payroll settings for the pay items you are using ...I think you’ll find there is a setting saying maximum per pay. This may be set to 1? I had similar problem with an allowance last week.
  • Miranda Narducci
    Miranda Narducci Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2018
    Check the payroll settings ...I think you’ll find there is a setting saying maximum per pay. This may be set to 1? I had similar problem with an allowance last week.
  • Mark_9714551
    edited July 2018

Hi Miranda, thanks for that.

Unfortunately I can't find anything like that in the overall payroll setting nor in the individual pay items settings. Cheers

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Welcome to the Reckon Community Mark.

For the multiplier to work properly on an overtime type payroll item, it must be listed in the employee record's pay setup after an Ordinary Time item.

You'd be better to create separate ordinary time items for each casual multiple you use.

regards,
    John
  • Mark_9714551
    edited July 2018

Thanks John, I think that may have been the problem.

At least it is working for now.

Thanks..Mark