Part Numbers

Ben_6937420
Ben_6937420 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Using Manufacturers Part Nos. as my Part Nos.
I have entered all my manufacturers part numbers on our system and they show up on my purchase orders. No problem.
But I want to also use these as our own part numbers, on our quotations to clients.
I have added the Part Nos. column to our quotations forms, but these part numbers to not show up...
Why?
Nor can I find anywhere to enter our own part number, even if i wanted to?

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Have you entered them as an 'item' as well yet
  • Ben_6937420
    edited April 2018
    Not sure what you mean...
    We have about 500 items we sell, in out system.
    I just want the Manufacturer Part Numbers to show up in my Quotations, in effect we are adopting out manufacturers part numbers as our own, and want them to show up on our quotations forms.
  • Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    How have you set up the items, all as a 'service' item with the part number as the 'item/name' number or as an 'inventory part' with the part number in its own little box
  • Ben_6937420
    edited April 2018
    All items are Inventory Items and have the Manufacturers Part number in its own designated box
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Ben

If you go to the menu across the top:- Lists> item list > right click (new).  In here you will find how to add the items / inventory of your own.  If you select 'inventory part' it gives you the option for your part number, the manufactures part number, it can be a sub part number,

It also give you the option to purchase this part at one price to an expense account, with/without gst etc. and also sell the same part and a different price, tracking to an income account, with/without gst.  

In here you can build one big item with little items, and add the built items to stock, you can active units of measure and the list goes on.

• Ben_6937420
    edited April 2018
    I am starting to feel like i am in the Twilight zone here. Yes, I already have 400-500 inventory items I have entered in my system.
    The question I am asking is....
    I want the Manufacturers Part number to show up in my quotations. It already shows up in Purchase Orders when I buy goods from my manufacturer, but it is not showing up in my quotations, when I am selling goods?
    edited April 2020
    Quote: """Using Manufacturers Part Nos. as my Part Nos.
    I have entered all my manufacturers part numbers on our system and they show up on my purchase orders. No problem.
    But I want to also use these as our own part numbers, on our quotations to clients.
    I have added the Part Nos. column to our quotations forms, but these part numbers to not show up...
    Why?
    Nor can I find anywhere to enter our own part number, even if i wanted to?""".......

Now I am confused Ben, your original quote said you were using the manufacturers part no. as your part no already, and you were using them OK in purchase orders, but not invoices....which presumes you are having trouble pulling them into the invoices, which means they are not set up as service or inventory numbers...

So I am assuming that the manufacturers part numbers are not your part numbers after all, and of course the manufacturers part no. box will come up on purchase orders so the manufacturer knows what parts you are ordering from him even if your part numbers are different.

The only choice you have for invoicing is your item/name, so if you want the manufacturers part number to come up on invoicing you have to make your item/name/part no. the same as the manufacturers, or at least include it as part of your item name i.e  Man.No  1006645 supplier Acme Trading - your part number/name  4" bushes  =  4" Bushes - AT1006645. or as part of your description on the quote - i.e AT1006645 - Supply 4" bushes   QTY 6    $200

• Ben_6937420
    edited April 2020
    I can have my own part numbers, or I can use my manufacturers part numbers, I actually dont care, happy to do whatever works in Reckon.
    But when I create a new inventory part, there is a spot for the manufacturers part number, but not for my own part number ?
    When I create my Quotes and Invoices, I want a part number to show up. There is a column for this on the Invoice, but nothing shows up in that column.
    Why ?

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    hi Ben, i have noticed , you have been struggling for some time on this, that part number box and bar code, was an additional features was  introduced  to my right guess with Intuits Quick Books, which we have inherited, but so far that area and bar code boxes , have not been fully upgraded, in the software  But , we know Intuits Quickbooks is ok, however, this doesnt help you.We have issues when we use SDK to develop reports. please give me a call .i will like to discuss  i need to share your data on team viewer , if you wish to discuss. thanks.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

edited December 2016
    Your part number as stated is 'item name/number" this is the one that will pull into the invoices/quotes/sales orders.  The manufacturers part number is for the purpose of the purchase order/itemised bills & stock control only so that you can order using the a part number the manufacturer recognizes.

Often business want there own numbers for various reasons and the 'manufacturers box" is for convenience on purchase orders.  You can still use your "item name/numbers , you just have to know which ones are linked to which manufacturers parts or as stated, use the manufacturers part number as the start of your description i.e  Acme trading ..... description on estimate...  AT1006655 - 4" Bushes.... this can be set up on the description on the 'sales' side of the inventory item.

Kim:  M: 0429305300  E: Kim@kwikbooks.com.au - Teamviewer access available.