Part of the interface blocked after upgrading to PP 2016

Carljh
Carljh Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
After a bit of trouble upgrading to PP 2016, I now have a problem where a section in the centre of the interface blocks everything beneath.  I can't get it to go away and the only way to see boxes underneath is to drag the title bar if it is accessible.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi there Carl,

Is there any chance you could upload a screenshot so that we can have a better idea of the problem and possibly suggest a remedy?

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Hi Carl,

Sorry to hear of the problem you're experiencing.

Could you please try running the Personal Plus 2016 program as an administrator.

To do this right-click on the Personal Plus 2016 icon on your desktop > Properties > Compatibility > Tick the box 'Run this program as an administrator > Apply > OK

I hope this helps.

Luke
  • Luke
    edited December 2016
    Hi Carl,

Do you have your desktop background changing a picture after a certain period of time at all? See the setting below:

If so, please try turning this setting off, or even changing the desktop background as well and see how it goes.

If not, I would recommend creating a backup of your file and doing an uninstall and reinstall of the program.

Luke.

• Luke
    edited August 2018
    Hi Carl,

Could you also please try validating your file.

To do this go to File > File Operations > Validate

If that doesn't work try super validating it by holding the Shift + Ctrl key together while pressing on Validate.

Let me know how you go.

Luke.
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Carl

You haven't mentioned if this graphics behaviour only occurs during/after the execution of the Reckon application?     But despite that perhaps being the case,  I'd be looking more to the operating system and it graphics drivers before messing with too much of the one application.

The behaviour seems more of an operating system environment issue you have here.

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799 
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"
  • gazza73
    edited February 2017
    Carl

I've put up a test PP2016 system with WIn10 64-bit to try and simulate your situation.  (see screenshot).  I'm not seeing the issue I'm afraid,  which suggests this is possibly due to my being in a different operating system environment (hardware, graphics and so forth).

Without asking you to attempt anything that you're uncomfortable with,  I wonder if you could change some aspect of the screen resolution/graphics on your system to see if the problem 'shifts' (or goes away).  IE:  try to make a subtle difference here.  

At least share your device settings with this forum,.  

Right-click on the WIn10 start button,  and choose DEVICE MANAGER.  Then bust open the drop down area of 'Display adapters.'
    Let us know what display DRIVER you are running.

Gary
  • gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Carl

It is not uncommon for a combination of two unrelated programs to manifest some unexplained problem.   There is possibly some aspect of the installation, Windows registry settings, features expected by one program,  that another unrelated (ie: your NVDIA graphics drivers)  have not considered,  or do not process in a particular sequence.

Take a personal note of thjis, for your own records, because in the event of you using the same machine in a year's time, you may stumble over the same need to have to reinstall the underlying graphics drivers.

Gary

• gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Carl.

Happy to look for you.  email me at:  gaz@alchester.com.au   (The Basin VIC)

Gary
  • gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Carl

I've received your screenshots by email, and run up a similar screen test that invokes:

a)  The Cashflow Centre 
    b)  and then switching to the REGISTER for the Chequing Account.

I've tried this on Win10 64bit with PP2016.  I can't duplicate the fault (graphics blocks) 

I'd suggest seeking a stable but Win10 64-bit graphics driver for that NVIDIA graphics card.  Also,  I'd make your desktop a clean screen - no picture.

I'm inclined to think it is still graphics related at the operating system/graphics driver level,  be-it-all exacerbated when running PP2016.

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799 
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"

• gazza73
    edited February 2017
    Carl

Just documenting the more recent exchange of ideas we're having via sideline email,  to see if other forum readers find these ideas useful.

-  So PP2016 reinstalled          - no fix
    -  graphics drivers attempted   - no fix

I'm thinking that a different graphics CARD might be worth trying if you're up for that approach.

But before jumping to that conclusion,   and now armed with the knowledge of your GALAXY TECH Nvidia graphics card,  I've undertaken  a search of WIN10 Nvidia graphics related issues, and came across a few ideas,  the first one here being worth a try:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/windows-10-how-fix-nvidia-driver-issues-after-upgrade-1513643

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/08/the-worst-bugs-in-windows-10-and-how-to-fix-them/

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news/windows-10-is-killing-nvidia-graphics-cards-720443

Gary