Password

mansi shah
mansi shah Member Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi, after upgrading from 2007/08 version to 2019 version, while restoring the backup file i am asked to enter the admin password but i do not remember the admin password. can anyone guide me on how to change the password.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Mansi,
    If you don't have an admin password, leave it blank.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Mansi.  You could potentially try by leaving the password field blank, in case one was never used.  Failing that, you will no have other option than to send the file to Reckon, so that they can ferret out the password, buried deep within the program.  Unfortunately, it will cost you money for this to be done for you.
    John L G
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Hi Mansi,

First ensure that you are able to open your data file in the original version.

Confirm whether you are initially prompted to enter:
    a) Nothing, no prompts, the file just opens (indicates no password set)
    b) Password prompt only (indicates there is only the default Admin user with a password set)
    c) Username and Password (indicates there multiple usernames as well as the default Admin user is present. These usernames may or may not have a password set)

We offer a password removal service.
    We do not determine what the password is.

The password removal service is free if you are not in a hurry (allow 2 to 3 days for completion depending on our current case load)
    If you require a faster service, fees will apply.

Request a service by following the steps in the post below.
    DATA RECOVERY: How to submit a Reckon Accounts desktop data file for analysis and repair

Regards,

Data Recovery Team